Thursday, February 16, 2012

Another Before and After =)

Yesterday morning, (after having seen this list on Facebook), I woke up and decided to make some artwork for our hallway. It was originally called "10 Ways to Love" and had scripture verses to go with each one. I only had room for eight of them (and that was enough measuring for me, trying to figure out how to fit it all into 22 inches!) =)

This is what I did

Not a bad picture, just no spot where it really went in our house
(It came from Rebekah W, who had bought it and had the same problem)

I couldn't get the glass out, so I just covered it with paper and painted three coats...

...and then distressed it,which doesn't show very well in this picture
(I do like that you can see Spunky in the background, though!)

On the wall in our hallway, where there used to be a mirror (terrible lighting)
(Interesting, instead of seeing myself, now I have to think about these...)

Definitely going to be getting a lot of use out of my extra can of "Key Largo" blue!

2 comments:

Mark and Rebekah said...

Amazing stuff! Everyone needs an Andrew in their life... :) I had wondered if the hallway was newly painted...

BTW, I love the new picture / text you did :) As usual, I love seeing how creative you are :)

Love you mi hermana. Have a good weekend !

Rebekah

Kammy's Korner said...

GREAT upcycle!!! I love that it used to be where a mirror was... :) neat thought!