Friday, January 6, 2012

Shrimp Boil Pics and Recipe!

After the Christmas dinner shrimp boil at Josh and Rebekah's, I realized how Easy it was, and decided to do one while Dan is here! I decided to share the recipe below, in case there are some of you out there, who, like me, love shrimp but had no idea how easy it is to do a shrimp boil! =)

Check out that steam!

Yum!

I think this is a new tradition in our house - come visit the Emerald Coast and we'll do a shrimp boil for you! =)

What I love about this meal (other than it being super easy to prepare):
1. It's sooo good!
2. You just dump it on the table - no plates necessary.
3. It's fun, a great "social meal".
4. The clean up is a snap! You just roll the whole mess up and throw it in the trash!

Having a fresh seafood place a block away makes this super convenient and fairly cheap!

Old Bay Shrimp Boil Recipe:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Old Bay Seasoning
2 Tablespoons of salt
4 quarts (16 cups) of water
1 (12 ounce) can of beer (I didn't use this and it was still great)
8 medium red potatoes, cut in quarters
2 vidalia onions, cut in wedges
2 lbs smoked sausage, cut in 2 inch lengths
8 ears frozen corn on the cob, thawed
4 lbs large shrimp, in shells

Directions:

1. In an 8 quart stock pot, bring Old Bay, salt, beer and water to a boil.
2. Add potatoes and onions; cook over high heat for 8 minutes.
3. Add sausage, continue to cook on high for 5 minutes.
4. Add corn to pot: continue to boil for 7 minutes.
5. Add shrimp in shells; cook for 4 minutes.
6. Drain cooking liquid; pour contents of pot onto paper in the middle of the table.
7. Sprinkle with additional Old Bay if desired.

ENJOY!

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Ok you had better get ready to do another shrimp boil cause I am coming over. :)

TAV said...

There is a chain called "Boiling Crab" out in CA, which has tasty shrimp like this. Can't wait to try it at home. Thanks!

Mom W. said...

I think Rebekah and I have to do this... Yum!!

Mom again said...

PS..Could you bring me the Old Bay shrimp seasoning JOia? or ... where would I get it?