Saturday, December 3, 2011

Moriah's Strawberry Shortcake Third Birthday Party


Like we do every year, we had Moriah's birthday party a little early. Since her actual birthday is so close to Christmas, it just gets too busy for another party, so we have it at the beginning of the month.

She/I wanted a Strawberry Shortcake party this year, and it was sooo much fun to put together!


The Table of Strawberry Goodness

French Vanilla cupcakes (with cute, Free printable cupcake toppers)

My first attempt at cake pops

Wow, so cake pops take a lot more skill than I had anticipated! I have a lot of respect for people who do them well! Mine turned out looking a lot more like tomatoes to me than strawberries, and not nearly as smoothly covered as I had envisioned. =)

I got this for (early) Christmas from my sister in law, Jessica...
...so I'll just have to keep practicing!

Homemade play dough favors
(Packaged in Gerber baby food containers and topped with free printable tags!)
Super easy recipe at the end of this post

These were coloring pages I printed out, colored and mounted on scrapbook paper

The kid's table
(I had fun making the balloon balls!)

How Caleb spent most of the party

The gang

The birthday girl chowing down some pizza

I love this picture of her and Eden!

Philip and I with our sweet girl

Blowing out the candle

Keenan and Jade getting into the cake pops

Trying one of the cupcakes

Present time =)

Lots of help and onlookers

A fun book from the Storeys

Strawberry Shortcake car

An adorable apron she got from Whitney

Pinata time!

Philip and Caleb looking handsome in blue

Some adult muscle was finally needed to bust open the pinata =)
(Rebekah was happy to oblige)

Picking up the loot

Thank you to all our friends who joined us to celebrate, and for the sweet gifts as well!

* Playdough recipe:

1 cup of flour
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 drops of food coloring

Mix all ingredients together in a pot. Stir (constantly) over medium heat until it forms into a ball. Dump out on wax paper. When cool, knead with your hands for a few minutes. Play with it!

3 comments:

Brittny said...

I love it!!! You always throw great parties! And I can definitely see Rebekah happily volunteering to bust open that pinata. She's a funny girl!

Mom W. said...

Great Strawberry Short cake and really cool cupcakes and cake pops Joia!! I can tell you planned this way ahead and put a lot of work into it!!! Happy Birthday Riah!!

Mom said...

Once again you are amazing with everything you made for this party! Did you use the cake pop kit at all? And I didn't see the SS dress she got for Christmas.