Sunday, November 13, 2011

Welcome Home, Wilf

My Grandpa Wilf, (my dad's dad and my last living grandparent), went home to be with his Savior this afternoon. His health had fairly rapidly decreased over the past few months and weeks and he just wanted to go "home". That wish was granted today.

He was, number one, looking forward to seeing Jesus, and then I'm sure to be reunited with my Grandma, who went on ahead of him last year, as well as his daughter, Elizabeth, who died over 30 years ago.

What a legacy he has left behind. He was such a man of God, with a tender spirit, a great sense of humor and a kind heart. He is greatly missed, but we would never wish him back from where he is now.

The kids and I visiting him in April

Letting them play with his automatic chair

My last picture of him, August 2011

I love you Grandpa and look forward to seeing you again one day!

I am very sad to not be able to go up for the funeral. Philip doesn't think it's wise for Caleb and I to be flying only ten days after his birth.

6 comments:

Laura said...

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss, Joia. It's always difficult losing people we love. But he is at peace now. My thoughts are prayers are with you and your family.
Cheryl

Brittny said...

He is adorable! And I know it's hard and sad, but at the same time good because we can rejoice that he is in a better place! Love you!!

The Woodfords said...

Such a sweet post about your Grandpa, Joia! Sending you love and hugs!

Steph

Mom W. said...

Really good pictures of him Joia, so glad you put them on here, I was wishing we had copies to add to our pictures for the funeral home.

Nice memories!!

Mom E said...

Wow, what great pictures of your Gr'pa, Joia. So glad you got to see him. (And I think your husband is a wise man). ;-) Your Gr'pa knows you love him.