Monday, September 19, 2011

Some New Favorites

I whipped up some "soft serve ice cream" this morning in just a few minutes!

How delicious does this look??

How did I do this, you might ask? Well, with my new best friend in the kitchen...

My food processor... and some frozen bananas.

My friend, Laura, had told me about this amazingly easy and healthy dessert, but I was a little skeptical until I tried it last night. Really? How can frozen bananas turn into something that's the consistency of soft serve ice cream??

Here's how:

1. Freeze a couple ripe (not overripe), peeled bananas.
2. Put them in your food processor.

You'll want to use the top "grater attachment" at first, since they're so hard

After that's done, it'll look a little like shredded cheese.

Then put the regular chopping blade on, add a generous splash of vanilla or natural maple syrup and a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter and whip it up!

Voila! Soft serve!
(You could put it back in the freezer after it's blended if you wanted it a little thicker)

It. Is. Amazing. I can't tell you how excited I was when I ate this the first time (and the kids loved it, too!) How exciting to have "ice cream" without all the junk!

You can make this Totally healthy and natural by using natural peanut butter and dark chocolate!

2 comments:

Mark and Rebekah said...

Does it taste like bananas? I'm thinking about Mark... I know he'd love the pb taste...

Rebekah :)

Rabens Family said...

Our bananas are going into the freezer right now. The girls are really excited about trying this. Jocelyn wants to add a spoonful of Nutella to hers. Thanks for sharing the recipe!