Sunday, May 29, 2011

Birthday Recap

My 30th Birthday was WONDERFUL!!

The day started with the kids joining me in bed, with pictures they had drawn for me the night before and kept as a surprise. =)

Next, we went and picked up fresh Donuts for birthday breakfast!

Myrtle came over shortly after that with this beautiful birthday cake from her and our neighbor, Phil!

Isn't it pretty?

Then we opened some super fun ecards from Philip, and got to talk to him on the phone soon after.

I Skyped with my younger brother, Andrew, in Mozambique!

Got a few birthday calls, one of them was a Happy Birthday duet in harmony (by Mark and Rebekah!)

Then I got a random call from my doctor, asking me to come by the clinic to pick up some stuff that Philip had asked for (weird?) When I got there, it was all decorated, and Melissa and Devin had organized a birthday dessert party for me! How totally awesome!!

I LOVE surprises!

Check out the Amazing ice cream cakes they made!

Butterfinger/Snickers

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup

Strawberry Cheesecake

The spread

One candle for each decade

Moriah and I with some of the decorations

This picture cracks me up (my kids eating cake, along with all the docs in the noon lecture!)

*The bummer was that Melissa, who thought of all this, wasn't even able to be there, since she got called into a C-section!

They also had an awesome (Hoops and Yoyo) card signed by a TON of people at the clinic! I teared up as I read it on the way out to the van.

My friend Barabara, had an Edible Arrangement delivered for me - how cool is that??

Next on the schedule was lunch out with Rebekah (while Devin watched all our kids!) We went to a local BBQ place I'd never been to and I had an Amazing beef brisket sandwich and possibly the best potato salad I've ever eaten.

That afternoon while the kids were sleeping I got to Skype with Philip for a long time, and I got him all to myself! =)

That evening there was a birthday party at Rebekah's, with her, Melissa, Brittny, me and our kids. The kids all played and swam in the backyard and we got to enjoy a nice dinner on the deck before they all got hungry for pizza.

Look how pretty the table was!

The edible arrangement that we shared after dinner

Moriah trying out one of the chocolate covered apple pieces (delicious!)

Ice cream cake... mmm...

Rebekah made me a gorgeous necklace that I don't have a picture of yet, but will be on here very soon! =)

When we got home that night, there was a knock at the door and our friends the Baronis stopped by (on their way home from their daughter's soccer camp) with a gift for me! Whitney is the monogramming queen of the universe and she'd made me a monogrammed tumbler that I will be using ALL summer, as well as some Amazing chocolate chip cookies!

Ahhh... what a birthday. THANK you to ALL who helped make it soo special, especially with Philip gone this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Joia!! Sure looks like you had a great week, and overdosed on ice cream!! Yum!!
Cheryl

Mom W. said...

Spoiled you are... and I'm glad!!

The Woodfords said...

Surprises are so fun!! Glad you had such a great day. Love you!

Steph

PS (Less than two weeks till you're here!!!!) =)