Sunday, April 3, 2011

Baby Shower Hostess for the First Time

This morning I hosted a baby shower for my friend, Rebekah, who is having a baby boy in July. I had never done one by myself before, so was a bit nervous, but it turned out great!

A "stowaway" popped up in my freshly picked flowers for the party! =)
(Fortunately I was able to catch him in a Tupperware and deposit him outside)

Brunch (we also had waffles with whipped cream and fresh strawberries)

Blue and brown cupcakes

Favor boxes (with peanut butter fudge)

Diaper cake I made (the topper is a little goofy, but how else do you make a nursing cover up work on a diaper cake?) =)

Gifts and diaper banner

A sampling of brunch

J for Joel =)

Me with baby Amelia

Holly and Melissa

Michelle and the guest of honor, Rebekah

Janet, Sydney and Robyn

Whitney, Me and Amelia

Super cute wipes case made by Whitney

Love this picture of Amelia snuggled up, fast asleep!

Thank you to everyone who came and helped celebrate Rebekah and baby Joel! It was a really fun morning!

3 comments:

Mom E said...

Honestly, is there no end to your creativity? :) Absolutely Amazing, Joia!

Anonymous said...

Joia, just wanted to mention that I love your new template for your blog...pics, verse, etc. Very sweet. Thinking of you with your main man gone. You are one tough chicky.

Love from Saskatchewan, Liz

Mom W. said...

Nice party, cute baby!!