Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday Tidbits

It's only Tuesday, and already I have so much to catch up on!

Sunday was a great day. Church, then out for pizza with Devin and Melissa, home for naps, and off to our (AMAZING) small group for dinner!

Moriah sleeping in her "open bed"
(Yesterday Keenan said to Philip, "I'm so glad you took the side off of Moriah's crate") LOL!

Yesterday was kid free Monday for me, and for half the day, my great friend, Rebekah, was able to join me, since Devin decided to watch all six kids until nap time! (Thank you!!)

We had a super fun morning! We drove to the outlets, had a wonderful warm breakfast at Panera while the rain poured down outside. Then we did some shopping at the outlets and headed to the mall for some more. There, we discovered a "Bubble Tea" place and Rebekah insisted she had to introduce me to Boba tea! It's a cold, milk tea that is Really good, but comes with these "tapioca pearls" in the bottom (think dark brown, firm, jelly-like balls slightly smaller than marbles) that I was NOT a fan of! Weird stuff!

After I dropped Rebekah off, I stopped by Goodwill on my way home, and ended up buying bikes for both kids... for only $32!

Keenan's is part of his birthday present... we'll see if I can manage to keep it hidden until the party!

After Goodwill, I raced home, went for a 2.5 mile run, took the dog for a 1.5 mile walk, and then jumped in the shower and got ready for Margarita Monday! No better way to start off the week than to get together with girlfriends who know right where you're at and can encourage and lift you up!

Today has been a pretty great Tuesday also!

My sweet boy and his dog =)

This morning, Rebekah and I took the kids to Turkey Creek for some exercise. It was overcast but quite warm out, and actually humid... a strange change from the cool weather we've been having. Here's all the kids ready to roll!

Moriah looks thrilled, doesn't she? =)

Then we went home, changed, and headed to McDonald's for a playdate/information lunch with Marlise and her kids. Rebekah and her boys joined us too. The kids played in the play place while I peppered Marlise with questions about deployment and how to best handle it with young children. She was ready with an answer for every one! I've been soo blessed to have so many willing women who have shared their experiences and advice with me!

Now we're home, and Keenan and Moriah are napping (as well as Eden, who just joined us), and Jade is hanging out with the toys.

Signing off... hope to be back before too long. =)

3 comments:

Mom W. said...

That was funny about Moriah's "crate", I wonder where his brain came up with that one?? I guess you aren't worried about her falling out...

Good post... thanks Joia.

Jessica said...

Very funny on the crate! This morning Reagan said, where are we going? Hudson, said "nowhere...I mean YESwhere!" LOL Love being a mommy. :) I know you do too and you're a great one! You are going to great while Phil is gone and you will have lots of people praying for you!!

Flakymn said...

Joia have you tried running with the dog?