Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bowling!

On Friday night we went bowling with Devin and Melissa and their kids and our friend, Rowena! It was the kid's first time - and they seemed to like it for the most part (although all four of them decided half way through the game that they'd rather just eat and fool around then actually play. =)

"Team Kids" before we got started
(I loved that they actually had little bowling shoes in Moriah's size!!)

Yay!

"Wow, this thing's heavy!"

Yesterday was a fun and productive day. I ran at Turkey Creek, and then we took the van to the car wash and got it all sparkly inside and out. I bathed the dog, did some laundry and cleaning, and in the evening, Jade and Eden came over to hang out while Devin and Melissa had a tennis date. =)

This morning marked a week since Philip left. We are still doing really well, although I'm noticing a little more frustration from Keenan, and I especially missed not having Philip next to me in church this morning. =0/

This cracked me up - Keenan in his beloved (and almost too small) footie pajamas, and Moriah all dressed up for church! =)

Just chatted with Philip and I have a pot of African Peanut Stew simmering on the stove for small group tonight. =)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You. Are. Awesome.

No surprises that you are doing fine.

When the bad days come, remember, you had bad days before. You can do it!

Love and hugs, always!

L:)

Flakymn said...

We usually always have the boys spilt a game (they each bowl one ball at a time in each frame) because they get bored by about halfway too.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you remember, but we met once years ago at Wendi's caregroup (I'm Megan). Anyways, I'm a frequent reader of your blog and am glad to see that you are all doing well through your husband's deployment. Great job staying busy (I know that helped me each time my husband was deployed). Peanut stew sounds delicious! Care to share your recipe on the blog? I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Mom E said...

I agree...you are Awesome, Joia. Cute photo of Keenan and Moriah; before I read the caption, I thought they were praying together since Keenan was kneeling. ;)

Interested in recipe for African peanut stew too.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Yum!! Missionaries to America special- African Peanut Stew?

Still praying!!

Mom W. said...

Woops, that last post was me!!