Monday, February 21, 2011

Amazing Friends

(Posting from the library parking lot since our internet is down)

We have been so blessed with such great friends, and support from ALL around! Emails, phone calls, Facebook messages have been pouring in and I am overwhelmed by the love and support we have had!

Thank you soo much to all who are praying - we feel it!! =)

Philip got safely to his (U.S.) base late last night and started his training early this morning. I have not heard from him yet today.

Yesterday was surprisingly great. Here are some pictures from the day:

Moriah swingin'

Chillin' in the wagon with Elijah

A wild daffodil Keenan picked for me =)

After hanging out for the morning with Josh and Rebekah, Devin and Melissa came and picked us up and we went out for brunch at "Donut Hole" (surprisingly my first time in all the time we've lived here!) It was really good!

Sleepy girl

Our gang and yummy food

I just really liked how these bar stools looked

The kids on a cool swing outside the restaurant

Me, Moriah and Melissa on the pretty beach chairs

After lunch, we came back here, put the kids down for naps, and then Melissa and I ran to Wal-Mart before we all headed back to Josh and Rebekah's for a bbq and fun in the backyard with a fire and playing yard games!

Last night, Melissa came home with me for the evening, helped put the kids down and then we drank some delicious daquiris and chatted till way too late. Sleep came easily, thankfully.

More to come...

It definitely feels very strange still, not totally real. I'm hoping that sets in gradually, not all at once. =0/

3 comments:

Brittny said...

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad that your first day went so well!! I have been thinking about you a lot lately and I know that I'm crazy and all over the place most of the time, but I want you to know that I will drop everything to come and hang out and help out if you ever need someone!!! Nothing I do is too important to help a friend. I'm so glad that you do have a strong and wonderful support system to help you out. Love you, Joia!!!! : )

Mom E said...

Yea for great friends! You are on my heart almost constantly and I'm thrilled you had someone to be with you at night! Kiss Moriah's boo-boo for me. Love, Mom

Mom W. said...

Goooooood friends... awesome!!