Friday, January 7, 2011

What's Your Word?

I was recently reading a blog post (on the blog of a friend of a friend of a friend, blah, blah, blah, you know how that goes...) about having sort of a "word goal" for the year. At the beginning of each year she'd choose a new word. I think it's a great idea, and have decided to embrace it myself!

My word is:

or·der·ly –adjective
arranged or disposed in a neat, tidy manner or in a regular sequence

–adverb
methodically; regularly.

I need more order in my life. While I think I can say that my life has purpose, it's productive, it's fun, it's fulfilling... it's not really that orderly. (Pause for a huge, "Amen!" from my husband).

"A place for everything and everything in it's place" is a good way to think about it too. I definitely need to give place to the things that are most important and make sure that they Stay in that place!

Most of all, a consistent and prominent place for time with the Lord. Just this one thing would go a looooong way in establishing more order in my life!

I aim to be more orderly in 2011:

In my walk with the Lord
In my home
With my parenting
With my priorities
With my time

What's YOUR word??

5 comments:

Flakymn said...

Oh my. Good one. Need to think.

The Woodford's said...

Too funny - were we reading the same blog? I unfortunately couldn't just pick one, so I have 3! =)
Discipline
Kind
Content

Love you!
Steph

Mom W. said...

That was pretty coincidental, I read Steph's blog and then yours... Well, I guess I will have to think of a word, there are half a dozen that would be good for me...

Mom W. said...

Sigh, I think my word needs to be Contentment... I see Steph has it too.

Mom E said...

My word is, "WOW". Seriously, this is a great idea. Orderly is a definite for me too. I'm with Steph though, I need more than one. Kindness in speech is the other one. Thanks for the challenge, Joia.