Monday, January 3, 2011

What We Did in 2010!

2010 was a Great year and we are excited about what is in store for 2011!

Here are a few highlights from the year:

JANUARY

Not an event, just a picture I love of our family from last January

A visit from our favorite Kenyan (Philip's dad!)


FEBRUARY

Weekend in New Orleans for a medical conference

Keenan had surgery - tubes in his ears

MARCH

Our Easter bunnies

Keenan turned 3 with a Safari birthday party!

Uncle Jim and Aunt Nora visited from Ontario

We went to Kenya!

This was probably THE highlight of the year. What a blessing to be able to take a family across the world, for Philip to be able to serve in the Kijabe hospital, spend time with Philip's dad, check out the area that I have family ties to and to be able to visit several big game parks!

Me with some beautiful Masai women outside of the entrance to the Masai Mara

Us with Philip's dad and my brother, Andrew

In Amsterdam on the way home!
APRIL

Moriah and I jumped on a plane to fly up to Ontario for the weekend to surprise my friend at a huge party she was having!

Laura and I


MAY

Mother's Day weekend Wifia Brunch (much tears and laughter)

We got our basement organized!

On a mini vacation in Alabama at a cottage on the water

JUNE
Year end banquet

Philip graduated from residency!

Decorated my craft area!

Last get together with our residency friends before they all moved away!

Last Wifia picture =(

Jump started my own business!
(What a blessing it was, the way the Lord brought this about!)

JULY

Canada Day!

Fourth of July!

Mark and Rebekah came to visit!

Brief visit in Michigan on the way to Ontario

Met my youngest brother, Andrew's girlfriend, Bethany =)

In Ontario, the whole family at Grandma's funeral


AUGUST

The whole gang!

A short visit with our best Michigan friends!

Visit in Hamden, OH with Grandma Eberts

... a couple lazy days spent by the pool

Visit with Trisha and Charlie on the way home

SEPTEMBER

Philip went to EMEDS (Expeditionary Medical Support) training for a week in Texas)

I got back into my wedding dress to have some pictures taken for Philip =)

At Melting Pot, celebrating our 6th Anniversary

OCTOBER

Halloween


CSTARS (Center for the Sustainment of Trauma & Readiness Skills) in St. Louis for two weeks

NOVEMBER

Rob, Ada and Brayden came to spend Thanksgiving with us!

DECEMBER

Ran my first (and second!) 5K!

Project "Awesome Backyard" complete!

Moriah turned 2!

The kids got to go sledding for the first time!

Not a big event, but I got new glasses =)










3 comments:

Emily said...

Love the new glasses!

Shelly said...

I really like your new glasses! I wanted to share this link with you.

http://polkadotprintsstudio.blogspot.com/2010/07/canada-day-party-dessert-table.html

Mom W. said...

That was a cool overview, I am just getting caught up today!!!

Love the picture of you in your wedding dress, hadn't seen that one I don't think.