Sunday, September 26, 2010

Super Anniversary

Yesterday couldn't have been better. It started off with the ideal Saturday morning (as covered in my previous post). After that, Moriah took a nap, and Keenan and Philip left to do "man stuff" (pick up sand for the sand box, etc), while I blogged and read a book - alone! When they returned, they brought me a pretty bouquet of colored daisies (that Keenan picked out), as well as a lemon berry cream slush from Sonic! How sweet!

When Moriah woke up from her nap, we decided to go do some fridge shopping. When I opened the door of the van, there was Another bouquet of flowers (a dozen orange roses this time), waiting for me, along with a really sweet card from Philip! Isn't he awesome? =)

In the afternoon, the kids and I took naps, and then we got ready and dropped the kids off with Dr. G, and headed to Destin for our date at Melting Pot!

Philip had never been before, and I think he was properly impressed. We got our own little two person booth, with side by side seating, candles, and an anniversary card! It was an amazing evening! Everything was wonderful! We had the entree that included lobster, sirloin, chicken, shrimp, etc, and it was totally amazing. For our dessert fondue, we chose the "Flaming Turtle" one. Chocolate and Caramel with pecans.... oh so good... =)

All my gorgeous flowers!

At the end of the night with our dessert fondue

When we left the restaurant, there was an Identical Honda Odyssey parked next to us, with a sun pass on the windshield and everything - it was very funny!

Not a very clear picture of the two of us at Destin Commons

This worked better

What a great day and date! =) I am so blessed.

Today has been good too. We had our church "picnic" inside the gym since the weather was bad, but it was still fun! Then we headed to Sears... and bought a beautiful fridge!! Woohoo! I'm sooo excited! I consider that to be a Great anniversary present! Now I just have to contain myself until Wednesday when it'll be delivered. =)

5 comments:

Mom E said...

The flowers were beautiful, and I really liked your dress too. So glad you got to be together for your anniversary!!! Did you get my card yet? Love you, Mom

Mom W. said...

Sounds like a 4 star anniversary!! Good for Dr. G!!! Can't wait to see the fridge!!

The Woodford's said...

Glad you guys had such a super day! Love you!

Mom W. said...

I can't believe it is Wednesday and Joia hasn't blogged since SUNDAY!!! What is happening??? We are having Thanksgiving with Andrew tonight - before he goes back.

Anonymous said...

A little late, but Happy Anniversary Phillip and Joia!! Looks like you had a great time.
cheryl