Saturday, September 25, 2010

An ideal Saturday morning

Today had the perfect start to a sixth anniversary here in our home, with all four of us together. All four of us snuggled in bed for a while, and then decided to go get fresh donuts. After we picked up the donuts, we decided to check out a brand new board walk that was recently completed in Niceville.

Here are some pictures from our adventure - it actually Looks like fall, even though it certainly doesn't feel like it yet!

I love this

Gorgeous!

The brand new boardwalk

At the end

Looking back on the boardwalk

So pretty

I was excited to catch this!

Me and my girl =)

Keenan having a hard time not being silly

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Yesterday I learned about Gopher Tortoises! Turns out we have one living in our yard! He came ambling out into the driveway and I soon realized that he can move pretty fast! By the time I had run to get my camera, he was out of the driveway and headed down the street! Our neighbor, Phil, told me what it was and took him out of the street and put him in his yard. Keenan was totally fascinated by it. Apparently they live in burrows under the ground and are endangered! What does that mean for him when our yard gets redone?? Hmm....

He must have Just come out of his hole, because he was quite dirty

Walking down the street

Eating grass

Close up

2 comments:

Mom E said...

I do love that pic of the boys holding Moriah's hand walking on the boardwalk. And that is one big tortoise! lol.

Mom W. said...

Wow,so big!!! Does he bite???