Wednesday, July 28, 2010

In Ontario with my Family

Finally getting around to posting here in Ontario...

We left MI at about 11 yesterday morning and got to Orangeville, Ontario at 4 pm. We went out for dinner with my whole family (parents, sibs, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and grandpa) before the evening visitation from 7-9.

While it is a really sad time for our family, it has been wonderful meeting people who were impacted by Grandma's life, and also just to get to be all together as a family!

We all stayed at a hotel about 25 minutes from Orangeville last night. The kids are napping now, and we will check out soon and head to the church for an hour of visiting and then the funeral and cemetery etc...

Please continue to pray for our family during this time...

3 comments:

The Mac's House said...

I woke up this morning thinking of you as you prepare to say your final "farewell".

I was also thinking of my Grandmother who passed over a year ago, today would have been her 102nd birthday.

She lived a good long life, hard at times but it made her who she was with many life lessons to be learned thru her. I am so missing her. I'm so thrilled that we had as much time together as we did.

Anonymous said...

You have to know that Joia and her brothers were doing the can-can in the funeral home Tuesday night!

The tattling

Aunt Heather

Mom E said...

the can can, Joia? ask Philip if he remembers that my whole family sang "I've been working on the railroad" while standing around my dad's casket!

I'm so thankful you got to be with your whole family! That's the thing I missed when my mom died; not everyone could be there. Funerals are really for the living in a sense, aren't they?