Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day 2010!

Happy Canada Day! I hope all of my family and friends in the Homeland are having a swell day celebrating!!

I had fun shirts made for the kids and we made special Canada Day cookies last night. This morning we headed over to Myrtle's back yard for a "picnic" for some pictures. It was on the verge of raining and the mosquitos were about to carry us away so that didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped, but here's some fun pictures, and also some we got at home after:

LOL! Fun with extras!

Little Canadian feet...

Sarah gave us this cute hat

It has different Canadian animals all around

1960's tinge

Our cute sugar cookies

Into the cookies!

Just for fun

Yum!

Trying to pick the sprinkles off =)

Love this

Myrtle snapped one of the three of us

Being goofy at home

Proud to be Canadian!

Okay, while I did narrow the numbers down significantly, I just couldn't chose between the rest of these, so I posted them all! =)

Moriah automatically put her arm around his head!

...and then rolled over to give him a kiss!

Happy, happy!

=)

Love 'em to pieces

After Moriah went down for a nap, it started pouring rain, so Keenan and I grabbed the picnic blanket, laid it on the floor by the patio door in the toy area, grabbed some milk, and had cookies together! Have a great day, everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these pictures Joia! I really like the ones at the end with the red backdrop. I love that you're making Canada Day special and memorable for your kiddos.

Counting the days until we see you!!!

Love Rebekah

PS- The cookies are awesome too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Canada Day, Joia and family!!! Love the pics!
Cheryl

Mom W. said...

Cute pictures... wow, you made a great day of Canada Day.. =( I was sick all day!! Just catching up... can't wait to see you all.

The Woodford's said...

Looks like you had a fun day - I love all the pic's!! I actually picked up a couple CAD t-shirts for your kiddos yesterday! =) Love you all, and can't wait to see you!!