Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Cookie Walk

Yesterday morning while lying in bed, I had a fun idea and decided to get out of bed and do it! I thought it would be fun for the kids and I to deliver cookies to the neighbors on our street before the big holiday. So, I made two batches of cookies (peanut butter and chocolate crackle), bought some decorative stuff at Dollar Tree to put on the wagon, dressed the kids festively, loaded up, and off we went!

The cookies all packaged up

My cookie helper

Miss America

The cookie team

Off we go!

We started with Myrtle (of course), and then went down the street, knocking on doors, introducing ourselves, and passing out some holiday cheer! Some people weren't home (and a couple didn't want cookies), but everyone was surprised and happy that we came! I found out that a sweet, 93 year old woman lives four doors down, we met a German woman who's name I can't pronounce, and learned the names of many other neighbors that I wouldn't have even recognized!

It was VERY hot and we ran out of cookies before we finished the street, but we all had fun and it was a great experience - I think we'll do it again! =)

3 comments:

The Mac's House said...

Awesome idea and what a great way to meet the neighbors!

Flakymn said...

Joia what a fantastic idea. Any long-term relationships developed? What a great idea! Love it!

Mom W. said...

THAT was a Very Cool idea (even on a hot day!!) Way to go Joia!!