Friday, May 21, 2010

Mini Vacation in Alabama

We're Back!!

We had a wonderful two day get away in Alabama!!

Keenan slept the Whole way there (about two hours), which was awesome, and Moriah slept most of the way. We arrived in the early evening on Wednesday.

We stayed in a cabin at Gulf State Park. It was definitely not nearly as rustic as a "cabin" should be, and we thought it was more like a "cottage". =) It was great!

Cabin #2, that's us (see how close we are to the lake?)

The stairs up

Living area

Other direction

One of the bedrooms

The screened in porch

We got our stuff settled in and then headed to the playground that was just one cabin over!

Great backdrop =)

Moriah grinning at Daddy

Philip helping Keenan

Beautiful view

Funny guy =)

I couldn't decide which of these was cuter, so I put both =)


Fun angle

Sandy girl

Back to the cabin to get the kids showered off, eat dinner and put them to bed.

I was able to snap a couple shots at sunset. I loved the dock and the lake in the foreground and the hotels on the Gulf in the distance, all lit up.

My favorite

The next morning we had pancakes for breakfast and then packed up to go for a bike ride. Unfortunately, when we got to the trail head and unloaded the bikes, mine had a totally flat tire (that wouldn't even pump up). =0/ Us girls dropped the boys off instead.

All excited to go!

All set!

Moriah and I headed back to the cabin and she went down for a nap (she wasn't feeling well during the whole trip). I was then left with a quiet house all to myself. I could: A) Sit out on the porch and listen to the waves, B) Watch TV (since we don't have cable at home), or C) Take a nap. Duh, I took a nap! =0)

The boys got back a while later (after having a great time!) and when Moriah woke up, we headed out for some lunch and fun!

We had lunch at Lulu's, a cool waterfront restaurant owned by Lucy Buffett, (Jimmy's sister).

A must see!

Heading in

Waiting to order

This is how close we were to the boats going by!

Cutie

Kisses

I Love this boy!

During lunch
(Philip had a Spicy Jerk Chicken sandwich and I had an amazing open faced sandwich loaded with fresh crab and swiss cheese! YUM!)

Outside, they have an area where you can eat at picnic tables while the kids play in the sand (with tons of toys they supply) - it looked really fun! We will Definitely come back here!

Keenan playing on one of the small dunes outside the restaurant

Sunny me

We just thought this was funny

Next, we were off to play mini golf at Pirate Island! (We had played mini golf once before with Keenan, when Moriah was tiny, and decided that he was definitely Not old enough...) Well, turns out he still isn't. =) He was way more interested in checking out the course, trying to fall in the water, and hide from us, than he was actually playing the game. Fortunately he was free!

Coming off of the pirate ship

All of us by the waterfall

Me and the kids (Keenan being goofy with his ball)

Fun =)

After mini golf, we headed back to the cabin for a relaxing afternoon. Philip and the kids took naps and I watched TV. Very relaxing.

Late afternoon/early evening, we headed to the beach. It was perfect! The water was nice, the sun was going down, the air was breezy and there was almost no one there!

Keenan's new friend, Oscar (I'm not kidding, that's really his name)

I love this, especially her reflection on the wet sand =)

"You just Dare come get me!" =)

In his element - we Can't keep this boy out of the water! =)

Us girls

Poor Moriah got cold pretty fast (likely due to her fever)

So... I dried her off, got her dressed, and she covered herself in sand =)

Taking a break

Pretty eyes

Little sandy toes

Philip and I took some pictures of each other...

I love this

He did a good job, too!

As we were leaving, I noticed a heron out by the water, and the setting seemed too pretty Not to take a picture!

Leaving the beach at sunset

More baths...

Moriah Loved having a bath in the sink while Keenan was using the shower! =)

Does anyone know where Moriah is hiding?

It was sort of a rough night last night. Moriah was up four times. She has a runny nose, coughs at night, and was running a pretty high fever, poor baby.

We hit the road just before ten this morning. Philip was kind enough to stop on the way home so I could get a picture of these awesome beach houses that we had seen on the way there!

Don't these ROCK?!?

We found out this afternoon that Moriah has a pretty nasty ear infection, so we got her some amoxicillan. The good news? It's White, not (the terrible, staining) PINK! Woohoo!

Please pray that she'll be feeling much better soon. She has been pretty miserable most of the day, not sleeping well, and crying most of the time that she's not being held. =0/

10 comments:

The Woodford's said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! So great to have "time away" as a family - I'm really glad you took the time! I LOVE the pic's - I can't decided which is my favourite, because all of them are really good!
Love you guys!
Steph

Jessica said...

GREAT pictures! I love all of them. Love the blue golfball one a lot!!

Mom W. said...

The one with the heron looks a lot like it has snow fence in the foreground and the sand could almost be misconstrued to be snow... if it weren't for the heron... =)

Good pictures... poor Moriah...

The Mac's House said...

What a beautiful place.

Thanks for sharing!

Hope Moriah is feeling better soon.

Mom E said...

What a beautiful lake you were on and the cabin looked wonderful. Too many great pics to choose from! Loved the blue golf ball one, the B&W's of you and Philip and all the cute ones of Keenan and Moriah. It looked like an awesome place! We should plan a whole fam. vacation there some day. Send details re: the price and if you can get cabins together. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I have read several good stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting.
I surprise how much attempt you place to make this type of
fantastic informative web site.

My webpage :: search engine optimization service

Anonymous said...

I think the admin of this site is actually working hard in favor of his site, as here
every data is quality based stuff.

Here is my page: careers from home for moms

Anonymous said...

What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable familiarity on the topic
of unexpected emotions.

my web blog: honeymoon resorts all inclusive

Anonymous said...

There is certainly obviously a great deal to experience around this.
I think about you made some pleasant points in Capabilities also.



My web site; urlaub machen g√ľnstig

Anonymous said...

In exploring internet websites related to web hosting and linux
web hosting program comparison, especially, the web page has been created.



Review my web blog - thailand urlaub