Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gettin' Old, Gotta Cold

The first birthay present I received today was waking up to find out that I have a cold! Oh well, it's still a great day!

I am soo blessed! I have been receiving cards and gifts in the mail, birthday calls (one from Mozambique!), birthday emails, ecards, facebook birthday wishes, a birthday text, online gifts... Thank you to all my family and friends who have made this day so special!

Here is a random selection of pictures from the past couple of days:

Sweet Moriah
(These pearls were given to me by my mom, who got them from her mom! How special!)

Moriah and Myrtle

I can put bows in her hair now! Woohoo!

What a goof...

On Monday night, I went to a MNO (Mom's Night Out) with a bunch of friends from my MOPS group. We went to TGI Fridays and didn't leave until 11! Fun times!

Dessert

The whole group

Towards the end of the evening, they surprised me with the staff singing Happy Birthday and bringing me free ice cream! How fun! =)

Me reenacting the surprise for a picture =)

We met some new friends yesterday. Josh (one of the new interns starting next month), and his wife, Rebekah, just moved here from Colorado with their two sons, Elijah (almost three) and Judah (six months?). We had Elijah come play this morning while they went to an appointment on base and then we all went to Lincoln Park together after. They are great and we look forward to getting to know them much better over the next three years! =)

Keenan and Elijah got along great and are such kindred spirits! It's so fun for him to have a new friend since most of his will be leaving in a month! =0/

Giggling on the trampoline (they played Hard!)

Snack time

* Keep in mind that Amelia's Tutu Boutique will still be linked on the side of my blog! The owner has asked me to do some photos of her products to put on her website, so that will be up and running soon! If you have any questions, please ask!*

5 comments:

Brittny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! So glad you finally got to meet the Storeys! I feel bad b/c we've been so busy this week I haven't talked to them much. I love that Elijah just dove right in. No shy with him!

The Woodford's said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad you're having a good day! Love the pic's, and for some reason 'saw' "Mortle and Myriah" on the one of the two of them! =) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Joia!!
Cheryl

Jessica said...

I LOVE that dress you were wearing to TGIF. How pretty. :) Glad you had a great birthday!!

Mom E said...

OMGosh, the picture of Moriah in the ballerina outfit makes her look so much bigger and older! Adorable.
Glad you had such a great b'day.

I love and miss you,
Mom