Saturday, May 15, 2010

Early Birthday Fun!

My new experience last night was going to Painting With a Twist in Destin, with my new friend, Brandi!

I had heard about it a few weeks ago from my friend, Jessica, and once I checked it out, I knew I HAD to do it! I checked out the May paintings and decided to go this week as an early birthday present.

Brandi and her husband and two sons just moved onto our street in March (while we were in Kenya), and she had been to Painting With a Twist before and loved it, so we decided to go together. It was soo much fun!

You just chose a painting from their monthly calendar, sign up for the two hour class, pay $35, and then you show up, they give you your canvas, paint and brushes. An instructor paints and teaches at the front of the class, and everyone does their own painting to take home! We chose to do the "Weeping Willows" painting this time.

Here are some pictures from our fun evening:

Brandi at the beginning of the class

Me, so excited to be here!

Part way through

Brandi, striking a pose again =)

Us and the rest of the class with our finished paintings

Just us

Brandi with her beautiful piece (hers isn't quite finished)

Me - you can tell I had fun because I have such a Huge smile in all these pictures! =)

Mine - I love it!

If any of my friends in the local area are interested in doing this, let me know and we can go as a group sometime! =)

4 comments:

Flakymn said...

Joia, this is amazing. Question, and be honest. You have to have SOME artistic talent to do this right? I mean it looks like fun but I just don't think mine would look anything like yours. You are so crafty and creative and well, artistic and stuff.

Joia said...

Wendi, I think you just need to Enjoy painting, not necessarily be really good at it. I'm not really a painter myself, I just like to play around with it! I think even you would have a blast at this. =)

Flakymn said...

... hmmm ... a bit out of my comfort zone. I think I'll look from afar and be impressed with you! Ha!

But I do think this would be a great place to give you a break at in the future!

Brittny said...

i am dying to go ever since you mentioned it! not sure when we can make it happen, but hopefully we can sometime. brandon will be in and out of town over the next 2-3 months, but hopefully we can squeeze a night in together. i see us hanging out a lot in the future. muha, ha, ha, ha.

(not sure why i felt the need for an evil laugh. maybe b/c you don't know what you've done by deciding to stay around another 4 years!)