Tuesday, April 27, 2010

WHAT Are the Chances???

I had a pretty random experience lately and thought I'd share it...

When we went to Kenya, I only took one pair of earrings with me. I took a cheap pair of silver hoops that I really like. During our time there, I lost one. I was pretty bummed, since I liked them and didn't have another pair and my holes grow in really quickly. I bought a pair of Kenyan earrings to keep my holes from growing in, and (for some reason) brought the lone earring home and put it in my bathroom drawer.

Fast forward to this past Friday. I was sitting in my seat at the back of a small plane, waiting to leave Fort Walton Beach airport. The stewardess was coming down the aisle, holding something in her hand, saying "Does this belong to anyone? Did anyone lose this?" It was an earring and from 12 rows away I could already tell that it was the IDENTICAL MATCH to the earring at home in my bathroom drawer! I sat there in disbelief, hoping that no one would claim it before she got to me (in the last row). No one did, and I asked for it (even though she gave me a totally weird look, since I was already wearing a totally different pair of earrings, and not missing one!)

I held it in my hand, and just looked at it over and over, totally in shock that this could happen - HOW!? How did somebody lose the Exact same earring as mine, and then me end up being on that exact flight on that day, so I could get it, before the flight attendant just threw it away??

To me, it was just another "cherry on the sundae" that was that amazing weekend... thanks, God!

Here they are, folks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cool. glad you had confirmation on this. it makes me feel less guilty...

L:)

Flakymn said...

Could it have been your actual earing?

Joia said...

Wendi, we don't think there's any way the earring could have actually been the one I lost, since it went missing IN Kenya... but who knows??

Mom W. said...

Pretty amazing!!!

Mom E said...

With God ALL things are possible. We serve a great and loving God. BTW, they didn't look cheap at all.
Love, Mom