Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Wife is Amazing

Philip here again - I just wanted to put a quick post on here to reinforce what most of you already know: Joia is amazing. She was kind enough to spare the details of what Keenan and I have been going through, but I haven't had anything by mouth since the Memphis airport other than tiny sips of water with Imodium. Thank you for your prayers for all of us as we traveled home, the little man and I are feeling much better already.

Joia included one line in her last post that really caught my eye: "I started our mountain of laundry this morning and unpacked all our stuff." This one sentence does not do justice to what she has accomplished this morning. Our checked luggage for the way home was four 50 pound bags which we left in the family room last night. When I finally was brave enough to travel beyond our bedroom and bathroom this afternoon, all four of those bags (and nearly all of their contents) were gone. So not only did she unpack them she put it all away also. Mountain of laundry is also quite literal since we last did laundry two days before leaving Kenya. I'm not sure how many loads it was, but she basically ended up washing everything since even the clean stuff was sitting in our luggage for the last three days.

Now let's move on to the stuff she didn't mention. What were the kids doing during this time you ask? Well I was certainly in no shape to help out other than a quick "Hi, I love you" while passing in the hall, so she was taking care of both of them this whole time. This is after she got terrible sleep since I was waking her up every 60-90 minutes. Keenan has been doing well and played in his toy area for quite a while after waking up so early but still, when I take care of both kids I'm usually doing my best to just keep them alive, let alone get anything else done. Since the above accomplishments were not enough she also got our mail for the last month and sorted through all of it (thanks for the Easter basket Mom, I'm sure Joia will post pictures in the next day or so).

So has Joia put the kids down for their afternoon naps and collapsed into bed exhausted yet? Nope, she and the kids just left for a trip to Sonic to reward them for being so well behaved while she was working this morning. She was also considering a trip to the Commissary as well to stock up on some of the less essential groceries since we were so blessed by Jodi and Wendi with the arrival survival food for this morning. I didn't quite feel brave enough to venture that far from the "Porcelain Throne" but have managed to keep down a Freezie since starting this post, praise the Lord. I personally think the Commissary trip should wait till a little bit later this afternoon so I can help with at least one of the kids, but when she gets on a roll there is no stopping her.

I am so blessed by my Proverbs 31 wife. Without hesistation I easily echo that, "...her worth is far above rubies...", "The heart of her husband safely trusts her...", and especially true today, "She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness." She is even more than that, for the whole section click on the link above. She is an outstanding mother and the most wonderful wife. You are truly a blessing to me Joia. I love you.

7 comments:

The Woodford's said...

"...let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
(Ephesians 5:33)

Great post, Philip! Great job, Joia! I love you guys!!

Steph

Anonymous said...

That was a wonderful post. Diana

Anonymous said...

Awwww.... I wish my husband would hi-jack my blog and say nice things about me! Unfortunately there are a few obstacles to that scenario :)

Good job at making your wife feel special and loved Philip!

Rebekah

Mom W. said...

First you need to HAVE a blog Rebekah!!

Yes, Philip good tribute to your wife. So sorry you have been sick too, hope the girls don't get it too.

Joia said...

Wow! This was a surprise! Philip you are too sweet. I love you!

Jessica said...

awww! that is so sweet Phil. You are truly blessed to have such a great wife! Love you guys. So glad you are home safely!

Mom E said...

As usual, I am the last to comment...Philip, you are an awesome son to bless your wife in this open forum. Thank you, Joia, for being all that (Prov. 31) and more to my son and our grandkids. Love, Mom