Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's Official

...the name of our blog will be staying the same for the next four years! Why? Because we just (while we were in Kenya) got the Official word that we will be staying at Eglin AFB for the next four years after Philip graduates from residency in June! This was our first choice (since Philip wants to teach), and we are Thrilled!

The sad part is that our friends will be spread all over the country, as well as Turkey and Japan! =0/ Makes it a little harder to commute to wifia gatherings. =)

Sigh... I guess we'll just have to suck it up and keep living the life we've become accustomed to here on the Emerald Coast! =)

No fun at all!

That's sacrifice right there =)

I mean, seriously, who wants to live like this??

We're making the best of it...

We all have our crosses (or sand pails) to bear...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great news!!! I'm sure your families are all thrilled as well.
Yeah, I'm sure it's really tough living on the Emerald Coast!! Don't forget your friends and neighbors in Canada, eh!!!!
Cheryl

Becky said...

Yay!!! John is coming down to Eglin in the fall for his clinicals. I am hoping to join him for at least a couple weeks so we will get to see you guys!

Jessica said...

yay!!! So glad you are staying! Also, your picture captions are hilarious as always. :)

Mom W. said...

Just bite the bullet and tough it out Joia!!

Mom E said...

YAHOO!!! It's nice to know it is finally official! And I'm sure Myrtle is thrilled as well. She's such a sweetie, and as a Gr'ma that can't be there as often as I want, I am so thrilled that a person of Myrtle's caliber is there for you in my stead. I think I probably speak for your Mom as well, eh? (I actually am part Canadian...bet you didn't know that, eh?) lol Love, Mom
p.s. loved the photo comments too.

Flakymn said...

Yay for you ... we would love some visitors in Turkey!!