Friday, April 30, 2010

A Day of Retirements

I had the pleasure of attending my first Military Retirement ceremony today! Bill, the husband of Vanessa, my good friend from MOPS, retired today from 25 years in the Air Force/Army! What an accomplishment!

The ceremony was interesting and very touching, and I was honored to be there. Congratulations Bill, Vanessa, Vivian and Tucker. May the Lord bless you as you move from here to your new life in DC and at the Pentagon!

Vanessa, Bill (Col)
Vivian and Tucker

I also found out this afternoon that today is Philip's retirement from his position as one of the Chief Residents! I am so proud of him for being chosen, for the great job he has done this past year, and for the many hours he has put into this position. I'm sure it was with a huge sigh of relief though, that he handed over the baton to the new chiefs today. =) Congratulations, Babe!

2 comments:

Mom W. said...

Congratulations from us to Philip!! on to a new chapter...

Mom said...

Catching up on the blog and I've been (gasp) doing it out of order....so just getting to this post...Congrats son, on doing a great job and being able to retire the chief resident position. I'm sure you will be a hard act to follow, as always! Yeah ok, I'm biased, but I'm allowed to be proud every once in awhile! :-) Love you, Mom