Monday, April 26, 2010

Canada Weekend Pics

Here are pictures from the fun we had this weekend outside of the party (the party will get it's own post)...

On our way!

In Detroit... going zero miles an hour on I-94... =0/

Night out with Laura:

We went out for dinner, had some delicious food, fun drinks, and lots of talking!

Laura with her fancy drink (that matched the party colors!)

Me with my Mango Pachango!

Us and our amazing chicken stir fry!

Then, since I had great babysitters watching Moriah, we didn't need to rush home, so we went to...

Starbucks for some yummy frosty drinks, more conversation and dessert!

Mmmm...

At 11pm I returned home from visiting with Laura, and then Mark and Rebekah and I sat and talked... and talked... and talked.. and suddenly it was 3am! Not the smartest thing ever, but Totally worth it! I have to admit, it was Really nice spending time with the two of them, without having to "share" them with the whole rest of the family like I usually do on visits home.

Moriah in Mark and Rebekah's front window on Saturday morning

Fun picture I got of the two of them
Good lookin' couple!

Off to my parent's house for an Amazing lunch and visit with Rob and Ada:

Moriah and I with Brayden!

Sweet kiss

Moriah "holding" Brayden

Us girls

Ruby, the hair dresser!

My mom and three of her girls

Now, skipping over to Sunday morning, on our way back to the Detroit airport:

I love this - the new smoothies at McDonald's are yummy!

Pretty

Gorgeous tree outside the window

Moriah with our rental car right before we returned it
(We got a free upgrade to full size!)

Sleeping (the whole way from Detroit to Atlanta!)

Some thanks are in order:

* To God for helping me realize how important it would be (to me and others) that I make this trip, and for working out all of the details of the whole weekend! (Including the awesome $400 Delta ticket at the end!)

*To Philip for being so supportive of me wanting to go, for being generous with our finances, and for making all of my travel arrangements for me! He and Keenan had some good times... =)

* To Jodi and Brittny for babysitting Keenan while Philip was at work!

* To Nathan and Rebekah for helping work out the details of making it a surprise for Laura

* To Laura for having the party in the first place, wanting me to be a part of it, and giving me a weekend of memories that I'll Never forget!

* To Rebekah and Mark for hosting us the first night, for changing your (pretty big) plans that evening so that you could be home when we came! For babysitting Moriah so I could go surprise Laura, and for all the time we got to spend together, chatting, setting up, laughing, hanging out at the party, etc... it was Awesome (I can't Wait for you to come in July!)

* To my parents for lunch, for babysitting Moriah for seven hours during the party and set up and for hosting us on Saturday night. They each got some pretty sweet snuggle time with Moriah while they had her, so that was really cool. =)

* To Ruby, who did such an excellent job doing Rebekah and my hair (both in less than an hour!) You were the cherry on top in helping us feel pretty for the party! =)

Looking back on this weekend, I feel so, so, blessed. My husband, family and friends are simply the Best. I had Such a fun weekend - one of the best of my entire life!! What a great experience to get away for a weekend on my own (well, basically), have fun and Real conversation with some of the most important people in my life, see my family, go to a super awesome party and reconnect with some people from high school, all in 46 hours! That was one of the most amazing parts about the whole thing, even though it was The shortest visit I've ever made to Canada, somehow it didn't Feel short... there seemed to be "just enough time" for everything. It didn't feel rushed or harried at all... now that's God. =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures!

I love the one of all four of us (Ada, Mom, you and I.) Looks like we had a fun weekend! So glad you could come. Thanks Philip for holding down the fort while Joia was gone. You're an awesome husband and brother-in-law :)

Love Rebekah

Mom E said...

Joia, I really liked your hair and makeup in the picture of the 4 of you! So glad you had some time (somewhat) alone. Moriah looked adorable sitting next to you on the plane holding a cell phone! I miss her (and Keenan too, of course) so much.

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you got to go! What a blessing for sure. Your hair looked so pretty all done up! :)