Thursday, April 22, 2010

Busy

Last night the kids and I had dinner at the church as well as dropping some stuff off for MOPS today. By the time we got there, they were all out of the "kid options", so Keenan filled up on bread sticks, and Moriah had some Boston Cream cake. =) (I had some Amazing jambalaya and took some home to Philip too!)

After dinner we stopped by Cherokee park for a minute before heading home...

Playing on the cute bridge (no water underneath)

This was taken using a setting on the camera I've never used before (and am still figuring out) weird...


MOPS was great today - my first meeting back since the end of February (since we missed two in Kenya, and one after we got home because Keenan was sick). I took a bunch of Kenyan stuff and decorated the tables, and also did a little talk about our trip - fun, fun!

Not so fun was the SUPER SAD fact that it was Vanessa's last meeting with us before she moves!) Sure gonna miss her...

Since it's Earth Day, we had a "green meeting" and everyone talked about ways that we try to be green, or ways that we'd like to start being more green. I heard some pretty interesting stuff! (Not the least of which was that reusable pads and tampons exist! Who knew??) I definitely need to do a much better job of recycling... I'm bad at that since our town doesn't do it. =0/

We did a MOPSwap today - everyone brought in toys, books, clothes, etc, that they don't use any more and we all swapped! It was sooo cool! I got a ton of clothes for Moriah (as well as her Christmas present), clothes for Keenan, clothes for me, a couple things I plan to "create" with, and these two super cute canvases for the bathroom! =)

Love 'em!

2 comments:

Vanessa S said...

I thought it was a great meeting too. Thanks for filling us in on your Kenyan experience! Gonna miss you too - thank goodness I can always pop over to this awesome blog when I need to check in on your life :)! And then there's always facebook too....

Mom W. said...

I would love to have a chance at one of those swaps... Sounds like a really COOL idea...

That picture is wierd, Keenan and Moriah ended up in black and white but the whole things isn't... Fun.