Thursday, March 4, 2010

Our Son

Somebody's Facebook status said that this is "Sons Week". While I couldn't find anything to support that (after checking the two sources of all knowledge - Google and Wikipedia), I figured I could still take the opportunity to honor my son!

Keenan. Our Son. Our first born. The first little life to join our family. A bringer of joy to our lives. A miniature Philip.

Curly hair, bright blue eyes. Smiling, laughing, singing, dancing, jumping, running, playing. Boundless energy, great imagination.

He's cute, he's sharp, and sooo funny!

I love his warm, rosy cheeks when he wakes up, and how he likes to snuggle after a nap.

I love his giggle.

I love it when he wants to hold my hand.

I love to hear him sing.

I love that he is so outgoing and wants to experience everything that comes along!

I am learning to love each stage of his life for what it is, and not wish it away.

I love it when he is sweet with Moriah.

We are soo incredibly blessed to have this little, almost three year old, as part of our lives!

He has taken hold of our hearts and we will never be the same.

2.5 months

2 years, 11 months

Keenan, you rock!! It is our hope and prayer that all of the potential we see in you today will spur you on to be a man of God and that you will use your gifts to accomplish much for His kingdom.

4 comments:

Flakymn said...

I have no doubt that Keenan is going to be a great man! I look forward to watching him grow, if only from afar!

Mom W. said...

Amen! So much potential!!

Mom E said...

This was a beautiful tribute. No doubt God has great things for Keenan. What a great heritage you are building. Thank you for being a great wife and mom.
Love, Mom

Isaac said...

I love u Keenan. You are going to be a great man when you grow up.

Love,
Uncle Isaac