Monday, February 22, 2010

Busy week

Philip left this afternoon for a conference in New Orleans. We won't see him again until Thursday evening when we join him for a couple days. =0/

At this conference he's been given the opportunity to present a "brain child" of his here in the residency. He recently designed an "Introduction to Clinical Skills" rotation for the new interns and did a study on the half of the group who did the rotation, compared to those who didn't. The results were amazing! Anyway, the Air Force had him design a poster (which they paid for), that was four feet by seven feet! He will be responsible for presenting his idea to individual doctors at the conference, as well as several groups of judges.

After MOPS on Thursday, the kids and I will make the drive to New Orleans and join him at his hotel. We're hoping he might be able to take some time off on Friday to go somewhere fun (maybe the aquarium) with us. That evening, all of the families are invited to go on a dinner cruise on a riverboat on the Mississippi! Sounds fun!

Moriah's first cupcake

...and the pro (where's all the icing??)

Moriah trying to help Daddy take his stuff out to the car =)

Watching him get his stuff in the car

Mischievous grin

She's so cute, toddling around in a dress and bare legs =)

Happy dude playing in the sand box

I have no idea why his tongue is out here! =)

Peekaboo!

Sharing sticks =)

After naps, we headed to McDonald's for some dinner and play time. I think this is the first time ever that I've taken my kids to a play place, without meeting up with someone! We had the whole place to ourselves and it was really nice! (I'm a Big fan of the new sweet chili sauce they have for dipping nuggets!)

Goofy kids

My intense air hockey opponent =)

If that's not a pose, I don't know what is!

After eating, we went to the Commissary, where I had one of my worst self check out experiences ever. Anyway...

I love chocolate as much (or more) than the next guy, but I'm not going to be rushing out to buy these anytime soon! What?! Cheerios.. I'm disappointed, I thought you were a step above Cocoa Puffs and other such nonsense.

We've got a busy week on tap! While Philip is gone, I'm starting to get stuff compiled into the "Kenya Packing Zone" (aka the front room), as well as getting the house in shape for some "first time visitors" we have coming to visit this weekend.

Tomorrow night is Ladies Night at Melting Pot! Woot! Wendi and I are splitting a babysitter for the evening and all of the wifia will be in attendance - rock on!

Sometime in the next couple of days I need to get centerpieces made for the MOPS meeting on Thursday, as well as having stuff ready for the people who are taking over for me in March while I'm gone.

We return from New Orleans on Saturday. That afternoon, my Aunt Nora and Uncle Jim are arriving for a few nights. They are going to be on vacation and are passing through the area, so we're happy to have them come see our house for the first time! They'll be with us until Monday morning. Five days later we board our plane for the first leg of our trip to Kenya!

4 comments:

Flakymn said...

Joia, have you tried the fruity cheerios? They are really good. My boys (and me and JB and Scrubs) love them.

So what happened at the Commisary? You can't leave us hanging like that!

Joia said...

Wendi, I haven't tried the fruity cheerios (and I don't have a problem with them, they still seem pretty normal, but chocolate and cereal... no)

Self check out experience - The machine I was at Hated me! After EVERY SINGLE ITEM I scanned and put in the bag, it would say "Please place your scanned item in the bag"... Every time!! I finally told the gal in charge what was going on and she said "Ya, you have to put Everything in the bag once you scan it" I was like "Did she Really just say that???" (Uh ya, I'm not an idiot - I know that, but the machine is Not working!)

It turned out that the pile of diapers (five packages in total) I had sitting there was throwing the scale off, so once I offloaded them, things went pretty smoothly. =)

Mom W. said...

Yeah, chocolate cheerios just seems wrong...

good pictures, busy week for you!!

Hope that vest comes.

Mom W. again said...

Splitting a babysitter... poor babysitter - ouch!