Monday, January 4, 2010

Simplify.

That's my motto for this new year. With the business of life, I have found lately that I'm not managing the stress and commitments in my life in the way that I want to and in the way that would be pleasing to the Lord. So... time to do some renovations on my schedule.

Here are some thoughts so far...

1. Cut back on commitments.

2. Stay home more.

3. Say no more often.

4. Let it go. (Let the small things be small things).

5. Minimize my time online. Yes, this may mean that I don't blog Every day, and that there will likely be less pictures on here. (But hey, I think we can all agree that even if I post Less, there will always be plenty of pictures around here). =)

6. Don't stress about things being "just right". The other night, when I was rushing around, doing last minute things for our New Year's gathering (as people were arriving), Wendi reminded me of a plaque I have (that I had made!) that talks about... whether or not my kids are behaving or my house is a mess, I Always want people to feel welcome in my home.

7. Protect family time.

8. Make more time to spend with my husband.

9. Pray. The days go smoother when I do, but when the day Isn't going smoothly, I get convinced that I don't have Time to pray!

10. Look for ways everyday to be used by God.

Couple pictures from yesterday: We had a nice day at home (the fourth Blissful day in a row with Philip home with us!), went to Ruby Tuesday for lunch (thanks, Dad D!), and then Philip went in to work for a few hours while the kids and I took naps.

We pulled out Moriah's winter coat! Brrr!

Enjoying some of Keenan's fries at lunch

Being silly

Ha ha! Love Moriah's expression!

Funny kid behind the Sprite!

Some movies we've watched and liked lately:

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (HILARIOUS!!!)

God Grew Tired of Us (a Documentary on the lost boys of Sudan, very good)

My Sister's Keeper (different than the book, as I was reminded by a friend, but still really good!)

Julie and Julia (what can I say? It's about food and blogging - can you go wrong??)

6 comments:

Mom W. said...

Big assignment for yourself. The first one may be the hardest... = )

Flakymn said...

Joia, I think your list sounds fantastic and I know we can all pull a few things off of this to go by. It's funny but I always stand in awe of you for how much you are able to get done ... lol ... and you want to cut back. My word for the new year is "Moderation."

Joia's m-i-l said...

"The List" was good. I'm trying some of those same things too. The picture of Keenan thru the glass of Sprite was hilarious! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this weblog on regular basis to obtain updated from most up-to-date reports.
Also visit my page Instalación geotermia en Toledo

Anonymous said...

That is a good tip particularly to those fresh to the blogosphere.
Short but very precise info… Many thanks for sharing this one.
A must read article!
My weblog ... topografía

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to
do it for you? Plz reply as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. many thanks
My website > bacalao