That's my motto for this new year. With the business of life, I have found lately that I'm not managing the stress and commitments in my life in the way that I want to and in the way that would be pleasing to the Lord. So... time to do some renovations on my schedule.
Here are some thoughts so far...
1. Cut back on commitments.
2. Stay home more.
3. Say no more often.
4. Let it go. (Let the small things be small things).
5. Minimize my time online. Yes, this may mean that I don't blog Every day, and that there will likely be less pictures on here. (But hey, I think we can all agree that even if I post Less, there will always be plenty of pictures around here). =)
6. Don't stress about things being "just right". The other night, when I was rushing around, doing last minute things for our New Year's gathering (as people were arriving), Wendi reminded me of a plaque I have (that I had made!) that talks about... whether or not my kids are behaving or my house is a mess, I Always want people to feel welcome in my home.
7. Protect family time.
8. Make more time to spend with my husband.
9. Pray. The days go smoother when I do, but when the day Isn't going smoothly, I get convinced that I don't have Time to pray!
10. Look for ways everyday to be used by God.
Couple pictures from yesterday: We had a nice day at home (the fourth Blissful day in a row with Philip home with us!), went to Ruby Tuesday for lunch (thanks, Dad D!), and then Philip went in to work for a few hours while the kids and I took naps.
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (HILARIOUS!!!)
God Grew Tired of Us (a Documentary on the lost boys of Sudan, very good)
My Sister's Keeper (different than the book, as I was reminded by a friend, but still really good!)
Julie and Julia (what can I say? It's about food and blogging - can you go wrong??)