Sunday, January 31, 2010

All the World is a Canvas

To deal with the mundane of the last week at home, sick with sick kids, I needed to burn off some creative energy today. I had thrown a box and lid away yesterday, and then in the middle of the night, thought about it and decided that I should take it back out of the trash (just paper and pictures) and make something out of it! (Mom E, this was the thin box that Moriah's wall art came in!)

Here's what happened to the box and lid:

I chose two different colors of scrapbook paper and wrapped each half...

Tada! Blank canvases!

Then, with more scrapbook paper, ribbon, glue, foam sheets and some stickers, I made these...

A couple of fun additions for Moriah's room

I know, I know, Mom, I am no seamstress, and the cuffs on these sleeves are Way too big!
(They'd fit Ben Oakes!)

A simple little summer outfit

Seriously folks, just about Anything can be turned into art! =0)

(Now I just have to figure out where to hang these ... I need to stop making stuff for her room!!)

6 comments:

Mom W. said...

The dress is cute, poofy sleeves is cool.

Flakymn said...

Joia, these are amazing. And honestly, anything can be turned to art ... but not by me. LOL.

denise said...

again, very creative :)

Mom E said...

Just when I think I've been totally awed by your creativity and think, "how could you top the previous project?", you do it again! How cool that you got to use the 'entire' gift in her room, even the boxes! You go, girl!
I love you so much, Mom

Becky said...

Wow! Joia you are so creative! These are adorable!

yuan family said...

Very creative! They are so cute!