Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Unbelievable Generosity

We had Myrtle over for lunch today. I made chicken pot pie and she contributed some of her awesome sweet tea. It was really fun to have a "guest" in the middle of the week - We should definitely do this more often!

When she came over, she brought a Ton of stuff with her! Her niece, Julie (who I have met Once before) had bought a whole bunch of gifts for the kids. This has happened at least twice before (before we had ever met her!) Julie is a very generous person who just Loves to give gifts! The only thing I can figure is that, since she loves her aunt Myrtle so much, and Keenan and Moriah are Myrtle's "grandkids", she wants to bless them with gifts also! =)

Here are the beautiful gifts she got...

Keenan is Crazy about the Melody Express train! Depending on what order you put the colored tiles on the track, it will play different songs as it goes around the track! How cool!

This one is a little fuzzy, but I love it!

Moriah got this Gorgeous shirt and corduroy jumper

....and this adorable little sweater and leggings outfit

Another of Keenan's favorites is the Story Reader. It comes with seven books (Little Mermaid, Snow White, Cinderella, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc, and Nemo). There are different cartridges that you insert into the system and then put the matching book in, and it reads the story and let's the child know when to turn the page!) I love it, too! =)

More gifts (the kids had never seen a jack in the box before!)

Keenan's cute new outfit

...and a pony for each!

Gifts from her in the past
(Baby Leap Frog Spelling Spider, Learning Town talking barn and animals and wooden activity toy, as well as three outfits from Carter's, Nike and Calvin Klein!)

W-O-W... is all I can say. Who does that??? I am totally overwhelmed. We owe soo much thanks to so many people this Christmas, I will be writing thank you's for a while.. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's very cool!! Can I just say that Myrtle is looking younger each time you put up photos of her!! I'm so glad she's in your life!
L:)

Mom W. said...

Wow, you are so blessed Joia!!!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

AWESOME! Isn't God kind? The pic of the Jack in the Box made me think of my son's question the other day. He is 8 but wondered if he will ever have a real JITB! He and his sister have never seen one!

Mom E said...

Give Myrtle a hug for me. It was So much fun meeting her and seeing her in pics, means even more to me now. And what a blessing w/ all the gifts! Love, Mom