Friday, December 18, 2009

Birthday Wrap Up/Christmas Unwrapped

Here are the rest of the pictures from yesterday...

The table all ready for our mini birthday party

Philip talking to Keenan (before we opened gifts), reminding him of what Christmas is Really all about (as Keenan is so excited about presents he just about jumps off the couch!)

Moriah and her new Leap Frog puppy, Violet

Keenan opening one of his gifts
(I just realized today that they both had these almost Identical polos!)

Moriah and I and her new baby

Me with my pretty presents from Philip

A note on gifts from Philip: He totally outdid himself this year, and has started turning my blog into books! "Volume One", July '07 to December '07 (240 pages) is almost ready to be printed! I am sooo excited! We've decided we will likely do this instead of any further scrapbooking, and continue to "book the blog" every six months into an actual set of books that we will collect. Super awesome!!

Moriah and her new mouse (he came with the book, "If You Take a Mouse to the Movies")

Party hat time again!

Bring on the brownie!

Philip got this one of Myrtle - I love it!!

Moriah and I with her brownie "cake"

Big smiles after her first taste!

Progression of the brownie eating...

...and the final brownie look

Chillin' with Myrtle

Trying to get her sock off =)

Keenan's favorite Christmas gift of the day - his garbage truck!!

Today has been a good and productive day. Wendi watched Keenan this morning during Moriah's nap, so I got a ton of packing and organizing done (and also had time to grab a new purse for me and new shoes for Moriah!) Then we hung out at her house with Isaac and Elijah for an hour while she ran some errands on base. Both my kids are napping now, so I'd better make good use of the time!

I'm not sure if I'll be posting again before tomorrow night (hopefully then), since we leave VERY early (hopefully around 4) in the morning to head up north! We're hoping to make it to Ohio tomorrow, so as to have a shorter second day of travel to Canada. The kids (well, Keenan is anyway) pretty excited about our trip and all the family we'll see...

I'm sure they'll fall asleep with "visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads"...



Yes, I did go in after they were asleep and "plant" the props... I called it "Operation You're Asking for Trouble", but it worked out fine, neither one woke up! =)

4 comments:

Rabens Family said...

So what is Philip using to turn the blog into books?

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! We will be praying for safe and easy travel for you. Enjoy your time with family.

Philip said...

I decided to use BookSmart from blurb.com. Not the cheapest method and not the most flexible method, but a good balance between the two, I think since it can connect to blogger and download all the posts and pictures right into the program.

Flakymn said...

John would call that "LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE"

Miss ya! Thanks again for your help today.

Rachel and Hans said...

what a GREAT idea, Philip! those books will be a special treasure for years to come.