Thursday, October 8, 2009

Rainy day fun

Yesterday afternoon after a run to the post office (our first public place in days, but it was important that I get some Kenya paperwork in the mail), we came home and got the pool out. So much for fall weather arriving, it's still HOT!! (88 today)

As the pool was filling, Keenan was using it as a slip'n'slide

Happy dude!

Now That's a mischievous look! (Doesn't he look like he's sneaking up on the flowers or something?) =)


It started raining, but the kids didn't care, because they were already wet!

Pretty girl

After we dried off, we came in and decided to bake some peanut butter cookies and brownies!

My big baker helper mixing the brownies

My mom made this looong apron for me to wear over my wedding dress on our wedding day when Philip and I served out soup at the reception =)

He even does the dishes after!

After I got him set up washing dishes (towel in place, etc), I went to do something else. A little while later, he came to me and told me that he was all done. When I went to see what he had washed...

...this is how full the sink was! (Thankfully, he had turned off the tap!)

We decided to put part of the peanut butter cookie dough in the middle of our brownie batter...

...and they're really yummy! =)

Keenan watching the rain while he does a breathing treatment

Moriah is extremely mobile now, and I'm still getting used to the fact that she can get into stuff now! It's lots of fun though, seeing her get around and try to follow me...

She's also eating a lot of "big people" food these days, which makes life much easier!

Eating a pancake for breakfast this morning

I am feeling the worst today that I've felt yet, with a combo of cough, cold, and sinus pain. Philip is hoping to be home a bit earlier tonight though, so that will be a big help.

3 comments:

Brittny said...

ugh!!! i wish the cold weather would come back and the colds in the house would go away too! the kids were sick while brandon was gone, then i got sick when they got better and brandon was home. we had a few days of healthiness and now sophie has a cold again. if we only had those nice cool temps back it would make everything easier to handle wouldn't it?

Mom E said...

and remember, thanks to great gr'ma E. she also likes ice! lol. She did scarf down those McDonald's pancakes there too.
So sorry you are not feeling well. I pray you receive God's healing for you even as you read this. So glad to hear that the kids are doing better. Miss you all so much!
Love, Mom

Mom W. said...

Love the Peek-a-boo picture!!

Good thing he turned the tap off...