Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Catching up with the Wifia

Yesterday morning, I joined Wendi on base and we went for a walk with the four kids. It was great to get out in the fresh, cool air and get some exercise, while catching up on the three weeks that we'd been apart! After our walk, she watched Keenan for a little while so Moriah and I could run to the grocery store. He and Isaac had a great time, and he even colored a picture. =)

Two good pals just chillin' together

We had the wifia lunch today, and the fall weather got me in the mood for apple pie. My mom is the best pie maker I know, and she taught me pretty well before I got married, but it had been at Least two years since I'd made one, so I was very nervous this morning when I started the process again, feeling very "rusty". The crust went fairly well (with a little fixing here and there), and I managed to not burn it (and made sure to get the bottom crust browned like my mom said). It Looked pretty decent, but I was still not totally at ease about it until I'd had a piece. Here's the finished pie:

Thankfully, it was quite good (thanks for the lessons, Mom! I guess it's a Little like riding a bike...) =)

The kids after Moriah woke up from her nap this morning

Since the weather is so perfect, we had wifia at the base park today and put together a potluck picnic lunch - chicken salad sandwiches, homemade mac'n'cheese, chips, fruit, cheese, homemade strawberry lemonade and pie! Yum!

Tiff is already out and about, so baby Reagan got to come to her very first wifia lunch!

Moriah inspecting her "gift" from Isaac =)

Sarah, Andrea, Chloe and Jodi

Wendi and I with Moriah and Isaac
(A little too much back light)

Sarah giving Della, Keenan and Jonathan a ride on the tire swing

Chloe and Moriah swinging together

...and their big brothers, Keenan and Jonathan

Teeny, tiny Reagan

Sophie and Brittny

Christopher and Sophie

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow! Go Tiff! Reagan is so sweet. :) Joia, I need a crimping lesson on the pie making. I have been making chicken pot pies in honor of all these newborn babies, but my crimping is HORRIBLE! :) Your pie looked super good! Love you, Jessica

Mom W. said...

Nothing like deep dish apple pie goodness... It looks great Joia!!!

Jodi said...

The pie was YUMMY!!!!!

Flakymn said...

Take it from me, the pie was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!