Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The "Base Bear"

So, there's a black bear on base, that I have heard much about recently, and seen pictures of on Wendi's blog, because both she and JB had seen it. Well, yesterday I SAW IT FOR MYSELF!! I I had just been at the Commissary and a friend said she had just seen it by the park, so I drove over there (figuring it would be long gone). But no, there she was about a 100 feet off the road, lying in the grass, just chillin' out! Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me, and only got a (crappy) picture of it on my cell phone. However, I stole these pictures from Jamie on Facebook... Meet Base Bear (and cubs, apprently!)




Why there is a bear wandering on base, and Why she is Still there, I don't know! Anyone have any info on that??

4 comments:

Mom E said...

I was wondering the same thing bcuz it sounds dangerous Especially with cubs. Great pics of the bear though.

Isaac said...

That's scary having a BEAR on base!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would freak out if i saw a bear! Those are some good pics.

Brittny said...

holy cow!!!! i didn't know about this, nor have i seen it! how scary and cool at the same time.

Flakymn said...

Oh geeez! This is NOT the one I saw. The one I saw was mucccchhh smaller!!!