Thursday, June 25, 2009

Changes

Today was a day of unexpected changes! Keenan was sort of cranky this morning, but we all (four) went to his swim lesson anyway. I spent most of the time sitting on the edge of the pool right beside him, and Philip spent a lot of time with us also, convincing Keenan to stay in and do the stuff with his class, instead of clinging to us.

Shortly after we got home, he went down for a nap. An hour and a half later, he woke up (and felt pretty warm), asking for more water. I (assuming he was done with his nap), got him some more water, and decided to check his temperature. It was 104! Poor kid, no wonder he hadn't had a very good morning! I gave him some Tylenol, and he PUT HIMSELF back to bed and slept for another hour or two!

Unfortunately, today was the Residency Banquet - the one event every year where all the residents and their spouses get dressed up, and attend a banquet in honor of the intern and third year graduates. It's a time of great food, good friends, and some hilarious class videos! Since Keenan was sick... I would not be going... =0/ I was sooo disappointed. I called Vanessa and canceled our plans for Keenan to spend the evening with them...

He spent the next few hours sleeping, or snuggling with me. Then, bam! He was back to his regular, happy, normal temperature self! Okay, Now what do I do?? He Seems fine now, but I can't take him to Vanessa's, just in Case he's still sick, because their family is leaving on a big trip soon. ALL of the friends I have around here have kids and I didn't want to expose anyone to even the Chance that they might catch something... I prayed about it, and told the Lord that I was willing to stay home, but that if there was any way that I could go, would he please give me a clear sign about how that would work? =)

Wendi was really helpful and offered to get in touch with a few people she knew, but as she was doing that (about two hours before the banquet) .... Myrtle called. When I told her about my disappointing/frustrating situation, she immediately said, "Well, do you want me to watch him?" I said, "I don't know Myrtle, he might be too much for you, and.... what if You get sick?? I would feel terrible!" She said, "Me? Get sick??? Shoot!" Anyway, she is totally amazing and ended up watching Keenan for us so we could go to the banquet together! (Thank you Lord, and thank you Myrtle!) Moriah came along and she was no problem.

We had a Great time and so did Keenan and Myrtle! He was asleep when we left at 5:30 and slept until 7:00, so when we got home shortly after 9, she was just reading him his bedtime story, so we got to see him. =)

Thank you Wendi for the Gorgeous pictures you shared!

Cute girl all dressed up

Funny face!

Already interested in the cell phone...

"Foofing" her fancy dress before a picture

A rare one of the three of us

I love this one!

Me and my handsome man

Modeling my napkin =)

Fast asleep

Sleepy little princess (this is a different nap than the one above)

Another of the three of us

Dr. G (who delivered Moriah), Moriah, me and Bethany (who is in Keenan's swim class!)
I think it's hilarious that Dr. G had four pagers on!

All us gals dressed up!
Me, Kacey, Tiffany, Jodi, Brittney, Wendi

A small wifia picture (Andrea had already left and Sarah is out of town)

Singing to Keenan in his bed

Myrtle gave me this beautiful bracelet

She said, "You've been such a blessing to me (that's sweet of her to say, but I'M the blessed one in this friendship), so I wanted you to have something of mine. If you don't like it, you don't have to have it..." I Love it and I am soo touched and honored that she wanted to give me such a special gift! I wore it to the banquet tonight.

3 comments:

Mom W. said...

So glad everything turned out so well and so glad that you have Myrtle, what a wonderful blessing that dear lady has been to you Joia, so good to have a close mama. I am sure that in many ways you are like the daughter she never had. There are blessings that fire across that road both ways... = )

Jessica said...

What a blessing of a night! Did Jodi get a haircut? I like it!!

Isaac said...

Glad you got to go to the banquet! :-) Those are some cute pics of moriah!