Thursday, May 28, 2009

Spaaahhh day at MOPS!

Today was our last MOPS meeting of the year. It's a little sad, but it's always a Great one, since we do Spa Day for the last meeting! We had massages, hand and foot care, Mary Kay, and also a hair dresser who gave us some great hair care tips! In between, we got to eat amazing food and do a fun photo craft for each other.

Keenan and Moriah before we left bright and early this morning
(By Keenan's serious, "I'm so too cool for this" look, you'd never know this picture was his idea!)

Our theme this year was "Adventures in Mothering", based around a theme park idea, so I made a carousel cake (with the help of Jen, who supplied the fun stuff)

This cake almost didn't happen, since last night, when I was working on it was sooo hot and muggy the icing kept sticking to the cake, and then when I tried to do the sides, it Wouldn't stick to the cake, and kept falling off! I was ready to throw the whole mess out the window! It turned out a lot more basic than I had planned, but oh well, it was still a fun idea.

The yummy food!

Mmmm... chocolate fountain!

This was a cool idea. Each of these papers had a picture of one of the members on it. Everyone else wrote something fun about that person on their sheet and then we each got to take them home. How cool! A couple of my favorite lines from mine are: "Never would guess you just had a baby!", "You are so funny. I laugh at your jokes hours later when I'm at home!" =0)

Jessica, Andrea and Brooke having their hands pampered

At the Mary Kay table

Funny story... Even though I love Mary Kay products (and have used them quite a bit in the past), for some reason, today... I had a reaction and broke out in hives when I put the stuff on my face!
I was just going along, following all the steps, putting the different cleansers and moisturizers on... looked in the mirror... Hmmm... my face looks kinda red and bumpy, and wow, it's starting to feel really warm!
I said something like, "I think I'm having a reaction to the products or something", and the MK woman totally started panicking and was like, "Oh my goodness! This has never happened before! Here use this, wipe that off, no, it's bad, you'd better go wash your whole face! Get that stuff off! I'm so sorry! This has never happened before! I don't know why it would do that! I'm so sorry!" It was actually quite comical. After I washed it off, within a few minutes, it was much better. She kept apologizing over and over and saying things like, "It looks much better now, I think it's okay, you look good!"
She gave me her card and said to make sure I called her if anything else happened... I said, "Yeah, I'll call you from the hospital after my tongue swells up and my air way closes!" LOL... funny stuff. =)

MK lady appeasing me with some blush =)

A great time was had by all, and it was a wonderful wrap up to a great year!

Last night the kids and I went for a walk, and I was thrilled to see that Moriah is now big enough to ride in this stroller!

Speaking of strollers... Keenan took Moriah for a ride in the doll stroller... pretty cute:

2 comments:

Blackman Blog said...

MK...LOL! Bless your heart.

What is the top of your cake? I think it is cute!

Joia said...

Funny that you should ask! =) It's the parachute from a Sonic kids meal toy! LOL!