Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I am blessed to have two great moms in my life (well, there are a lot more than that, but two that are mine!) My mom, Judy, and Philip's mom, Kathleen. I want to take this opportunity to honor them both on this special day. Both of them have spent decades in the often thankless role of mothering, and I want to say thank you to each of you for doing such a great job with your kids (I mean, look how well Philip and I turned out?) LOL!

My mom's baby is 26 years old and is traveling the world most of the time, so she's pretty much empty nesting now, but Philip's mom still has a few years to go, since her baby is only 8!


My Mom, Judy

My Mother in law, Kathleen

To all my mom readers... Congratulations... keep up the good work! We have the best job in the world!

To all my readers with a "mother's heart", but haven't yet started your own families... It's my prayer that our Father will "give you the desires of your heart"... and may you use those nurturing and caring abilities to honor Him.

3 comments:

Mom W. said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too Joia!!! Thank you for your wonderful tribute to us!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks Joia :)

Mom E said...

WOW! I'm glad I chose to take a moment and try to catch up on the blog. I admit, I broke my own rule and I skipped ahead when I saw the title,"Happy Mother's Day", and was pleasantly surprised.
I join your mom in saying thanks for the tribute and the honor. And yes, you both turned out Very well. I am just sorry that probably no one but you will read this comment since I'm leaving it so belatedly, but I want to return the honor by saying that my son could not have chosen a more perfect daughter-in-law for me/us! :-)

I love you! Mom E.