Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fun day for me =)

Philip was fairly secretive about the events of the day. A few days ago, he asked me, "Would you like a break from the kids on Mother's Day, or would it be weird to be away from them on that day?" I said that a break would be nice, as long as it wasn't the whole day, and that was the end of the conversation. I told him he needed to make sure I had time to get ready for whatever we were doing, and he said that he would.

Highlights of the day included a really sweet card from the kids, as well as phone calls from my brother in Mozambique and Philip's dad in Kenya! I also got to talk to my mom and sister in law in Mexico.

Jodi showed up at the door at about 2:20 this afternoon (I was still in my pj's and hadn't even brushed my hair after my shower!) She watched the kids while I got ready, and then we left. We had a really nice midafternoon meal at Giuseppi's Wharf and then went for a beautiful drive and looked at all the gorgeous homes on the waterfront.

We had a mix of seafood - Grouper, Mahi Mahi, and two types of shrimp - yum!

I think this is a fun one of us

A friendly passerby took this one of us with the boats

My favorite house on our tour

Keenan had a Great time with Jodi, and Moriah seemed to have had a good time as well! She even had Keenan help her do my dishes!

Keenan posing with his girlfriend, Jodi

.... and a kiss!

Me and my girl

This evening, we had an impromptu BBQ at Rob and Sarah's so we could discuss plans for a trip to Orlando we're planning together in September. It was a really fun evening!

Keenan chatting with the cute little homeless dog that they are housing indefinitely

Moriah modeling a cute pair of bunny ears

...and Mr. Potato Head's glasses!

3 comments:

Mom W, said...

Looks lilke a really fun day... good job Philip!!!!

Jessica said...

That is so funny! I just took a pic of Hudson with mr. potato head glasses. I need to send it to you! Can't wait til September!! :)

Jessica said...

and, yes, way to go Phil. You are a great husband!