Tuesday, May 26, 2009

28

I turned 28 today.


Since Philip is 100 days older than me, I always have a lot of fun bugging him about being "so old" after his birthday in February. Well, it's been a sweet ride for the last three months, but now the rubber meets the road, and, once again... I've caught up with the old guy... =)

It's been a nice, relaxing, low-key day. I've received lots of birthday wishes via email and Facebook, and also got six birthday calls (well, seven, actually, because Andrew called Twice from Mozambique, because he missed me the first time!)

Okay, let's see... being 28 isn't so bad, I guess. (It's especially great being the youngest in my whole group of friends here! tee hee!) There's a couple new things this year that weren't the case on my 27th birthday...

1. I didn't have two kids.


2. Because I didn't have two kids... I didn't drive a minivan.


3. I had no idea how much fun a two year old could be.

It's been another year married to the most amazing man ever. Another year being Keenan's mom, and almost half a year being Moriah's mom. Another year of seeing God's blessings all around me. Another year of building relationships with the amazing women and their children who have become my friends here at Eglin. Another great year.

This afternoon, we got out of the house, stopped by Sonic (tried and loved the new Snickers Sonic Blast), and went to the park at Uptown Station. It was the first time we'd been there since the splash pad was open, so Keenan had a Blast!

The initial "getting wet" moment

I love how crazy this fountain looks

Fun shot of the HUGE flag

Keenan running on the nice grass
(I love how I accidentally caught him in mid air!)

Cute girl in the sunshine

Sucking back some Sonic

Cute girl again =)

Over on the playground

In his climbing pose after I helped him up

The "What's dat?" inquiry about the two pieces of lime in the bottom of my cup

On the move

In the center of the action
(and in mid air again)

This evening, the four of us went out to dinner at Ruby Tuesday. It was nice to not have to cook, and to see Philip for a while before he headed back on base to do some more work.

The boys coloring while we waited for our food

Us girls

The four of us (barely!)

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, phone calls and cards! Thanks Mom and Dad for not letting the boys trade me in at birth! =)

7 comments:

Mom W. said...

Oh Joia, how appropriate to have a halo over your head on your Birthday as in the second last picture!!! :) It looks like it was a good day!!

Sorry I didn't call, I meant to.

Brittny said...

Happy (belated) Birthday!!!! You make me feel so old. One day soon, you will join me in the dum.. dum.. dumm.... 30's!!!! Not 30, but actually inside the decade of the 30's. Of course you still have a little while and by then I'll REALLY feel old!! Happy birthday youngn'!!!

Jodi said...

Happy belated Birthday Joia! Looks like you had a great day! Looking forward to seeing you and the kiddos when I return from NC. Have a great week!

Becky said...

Happy 28th birthday Joia! Looks like you had a wonderful day. May God continue to bless you over this next year of your life.

denise said...

...and the next post is to tell us how you look so good after eating all the yummy ice cream you told us about :) Looks like your day was wonderful!

rachel said...

happy belated b-day! sounds like you had a great day!

Tara said...

you share my grandmother's bday... now i will remember this for the future! you've done so much for only 28!! :) i am savoring 6 more months of being 27 :)