Sunday, April 26, 2009

Too busy for pictures...

Today was a pretty busy day... apparently so busy I didn't get the camera out (except to take about four pictures this evening).

Philip (and Keenan) spent the morning working out in the yard, digging up huge annoying weeds... oh our yard...

Moriah and I did grocery shopping, cleaning, baking, and made dinner for this evening.

Our friends, John and Becky came over for dinner. First, Philip, John and Keenan went disc golfing. Philip said John (who had only played Once before, a few years ago) was really good! Becky came and kept me company (and held Moriah) while I made some jam from the berries we picked yesterday.

I made chicken lasagna for the first time (thanks for the recipe, Steph!) and it turned out pretty well. We had fresh strawberry shortcake (not technically shortcake, since I made pound cake) for dessert. This was one of the four pictures of the day:

Fresh strawberries... yum

We had a wonderful evening with John and Becky and will miss them sooo much when they move in a little over a week. The cool part? We will get to see them when we are in DC in July!

The most awesome words I heard all day? "Yes, it's here". What was that about? Well, I heard these three magical words over the phone from the woman at the K-Mart customer service desk after I had spent half an hour looking for, worrying about, stressing over, and praying for the safe return of my lost... military ID!! I was heading on base to go to the commissary when I realized it wasn't in it's usual pocket in my purse. I went back home and looked Everywhere, (even in the garbage), and it was nowhere to be found. K-Mart was the last place I remembered using it (two days ago!), since they have a military discount. As a last ditch effort, I thought I'd call and check to see if I had accidentally left it there... and woohoo! It was there!

4 comments:

Mom E said...

I had a similar experience; so glad you found your ID! PTL The dessert looks yummy!

denise said...

Glad you found it, I hate loosing stuff like that! btw at Old Navy they have a sign in our store that said the either the first day of the month, or a certain day of the week at the beginning of the month gave an extra % off if you have your military id. Sorry, I don't remember what it is, but you could check your local store if you are interested!

Mom W. said...

Oh, those strawberries look so good...

Erica said...

Ooohhh..chicken lasagna sounds so good!! I think you need to give me that recipe! :) Maybe you should post an occasional dinner recipe on your dessert blog!