Saturday, March 14, 2009

Softball and party prep

Philip played in the Med Group Annual Softball Tournament today. The doctors play against a bunch of other teams... Techs, Pharmacy, Nurses, etc... His team played three games, and the kids and I were able to be there for the last one. Keenan had a great time playing with all the other kids, and I got to chat with some of the wives, in between chasing Keenan around and keeping him out of huge puddles. =) I have to admit, I wasn't sad when Philip's team finished at 1:30... Keenan desperately needed a nap, and I had tons of stuff to do at home for Keenan's party tomorrow.

Since I'm into comparison pictures right now...

...here they are last year at the tournament!

I love the look of concentration on his face here...

Keenan and Della chillin', watching the game

Brittney actually played - woohoo Brittney!!

One of our friends offered Keenan some french fries (which saved us from a meltdown at the time) =)

This one's a little blurry, but I still think he's hot

The two of us

Riah peeking out of her little "wind shelter"

A beautiful flower that Madison picked for me


I love this one

Not exactly sure what is going on here, but I love that Della is lifting up her shirt! =)

LOL

Practicing his slide

A tired Daddy and his kiddos at home

When we got home, Philip and the kids took naps and I started on my huge to do list of things to get done before Keenan's party tomorrow. I prayed that the Lord would help me be as productive as possible in the time that I had... He sure did! I got the kitchen totally cleaned up, the dining room and family room straightened up, folded some laundry, and iced Keenan's birthday cake!

Right now, Riah is taking another nap and Philip and Keenan are out for some "guy time" (which I think includes a stop at Sonic for some food, a trip to K-mart to spend some of Keenan's birthday money and then picking up balloons for the party tomorrow). He took the camera, so I may post pictures from that little outing later this evening...


1 comment:

Rabens Family said...

What a FUN day! Thank you so much for helping watch the girls while I played (or attempted to play)softball. I am so happy that Madison picked you a beautiful flower. Thanks for the pictures, because none of the pictures Clay took turned out. He had the camera on the wrong setting. He doesn't use our camera very much. We are looking forward to Keenan's birthday party.