Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Another rainy day!

How can the sky hold this much water?? It has been raining again most of the day. I waited too long to get out and run errands, and only got two things done before it started pouring again, so I wasn't able to make it to the grocery store.

Instead, I've been getting things ready for our trip. The kid's clothes are mostly packed, I made burgers, spaghetti sauce and cookies to freeze and take with us, and am working on compiling a long "toy list".

Yesterday, while Philip was sleeping (post call), I managed to get both kids down for a nap, jumped in the shower and headed to the couch myself. 18 minutes later, Moriah woke up, so she joined me on the couch. The good thing is, no matter how long she has just slept, she will usually sleep more.... as long as she snuggled up with Mommy. This is how Philip found us when he got up:

Little stinker, but she sure is cute

Me and my munchkins at bedtime last night

I haven't taken very many pictures the last couple days (the rain must have something to do with it).

These are from this morning, they aren't prize winner pictures or anything, I just found them sort of amusing...

Here Keenan is smiling and Moriah is just kind of bored...

...and here, Keenan isn't even paying attention and Moriah is like, "Woohoo! We're having our picture taken! Smiiiiiillle!!" =)

Both kids have matching red marks on their foreheads tonight from an unfortunate accidental "head bonk"... Neither one cried though!

More funny stuff from Keenan:

When Philip got home today, he asked Keenan if he had napped today. Keenan said, "Yes!", Philip said, "How long did you nap for?" (Not even expecting an answer that had anything to do with time). Keenan hesitated a moment and then said, "Six...months". We had Never heard him say this before, and don't even know where he came up with it! =)

We had peas with our dinner tonight, and on the way to the bathtub before bedtime, Keenan noticed one was squashed on the floor. He stopped and said, "Oh, Man!" (like, "How have I missed this awesomeness the last few times I ran by?") Then he got down on his hands and knees and licked it off the floor! Ewww!!

I actually took the number of pictures on our computer down to 9,370 today from 10,988! Yay!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you leave tomorrow? I think I lost track of when it is you go... You must be really excited! I love travelling. We need to arrange a trip where we meet up somewhere...
Love you all.
Rebekah
PS- I'm wondering how loong Moriah is going to look that excited about getting her picture taken. JK :)

Joia said...

We leave on Friday morning, actually... it just takes me a lot longer to get ready now. =) I am Really excited! This trip should feel like a drive around the block compared to our drive up north!

As for arranging a trip together...
We could plan a trip to say... D.C. and meet up there! =) =)

Flakymn said...

I love these Keenan stories ... keep 'em coming. They make me smile -- you'll be glad you wrote these down someday.

Good thing you mop your floor two times a day, huh?

Joia said...

Two times on a Bad day!! LOL!

Brittny said...

I love the photos!!!!!! I just want to eat them up they are so cute!!! Have a great trip and we'll have to get together when you get back. I think the kids would have fun playing together. Sophie needs to get used to being around babies too. She's not sure what to think of them when she sees them. Oh, I'm NOT pregnant is the answer to what anyone may be thinking.

Mom W. said...

Well, the rain has moved up here today... Love the Keenan sayings...