Saturday, February 21, 2009

Three down, five to go...

We had another good day, despite Philip's absence. (His videos are getting lots of watching!)

This afternoon we went to Target to get a few things (the most fun one being a swim suit for Moriah!)

How cute is this little tankini??

Next we went to the Landing in FWB. I had considered going to the beach to play, but decided against it, maybe tomorrow...

I shot some pictures of Keenan in action... that seems to be the best way to get great photos of him:

Pointing at the squirrel he's chasing
(He chased it around from tree to tree for quite a while, saying "Catch... cute!"

Peeking through the fence

Cutie

Watchin' the ducks

Me and my best boy =)

I LOVE this one - he looks so happy! =0)

Running up a ramp

On the way home we stopped at Sonic (surprise, surprise!)

Keenan sure knows how to show a corn dog who's boss...

When we got home, Keenan helped me make a big fruit salad for supper - yum! (No, I haven't actually cooked yet since Philip left).

Tonight is the night I'm going to start letting Moriah cry it out (if necessary), since it's time she learned how to get herself to sleep. I'm hoping that by the time Philip comes home she'll be sleeping in her own room (the guest room). Please pray for me, as this is an incredibly hard thing for me to do, it tears my heart out to hear my babies cry... =0/

When I talked to Philip last night, he said things are going well in Texas. He slept pretty well his first night, despite the fact that their rooms aren't heated very well. (Apparently the bunch that his friend, Lance was with didn't know that their heater even worked, so they froze all night!)

They get up at 5 in the morning, and have to do a lot of marching (which he hadn't done for several years!)

They have to eat MRE's (freeze dried packets of food that come with a little heating thing) most of the time, and he said some of them were pretty nasty. He said the "Chicken Tetrazzini" was pretty bad, but that the "Veggie Burger in BBQ" sauce was surprisingly good and the "Beef Stew" was also quite palatable. The milk shakes were pretty gross, he said. =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Moriah take the picture of you and Keenan? She definitely has your talent with the camera! Glad things are going so well even though you're missing Philip. That was SO SWEET of him to record the messages! We loved the picture of Moriah in her swimsuit:) She's going to be a real Beach Babe!
Love you all,
Mark and Rebekah

denise said...

You are VERY brave to do the Cry it Out method by yourself! I'm praying for you!

My suggestions.... decide ahead of time the increments that you will go in and calm her. If it's after 5 min, then 10... etc. Then lay her down. Go in the other room, turn on a noisemaker, turn on the TV, go outside, just get AWAY from the crying. Then have your watch or timer and check in on your increments. You HAVE to get away from the crying for your sanity.

It is still very hard, I cried when I did it. But I knew it was best for them and me. And listening to a crying baby for 5 min, rather than something else seems HOURS longer than the actual 5 minutes!

Love ya,
Denise

Anonymous said...

LOL, I thought the same thing with the photo of you and Keenan. :)

Moriah's bathing suit is too cute for words.

Boy you're stronger than I am with the "crying it out" method. I'm such a wuss when it comes to babies crying.

You are almost to the half way point and you're doing great.

Teri

Mom W. said...

So how did it go? Did she cry much??

Joia said...

The night went pretty well with Moriah. She got herself to sleep at 9, woke up at 1, I fed her, she went right back to sleep, woke up at 4, I fed her, and she cried for longer, but did get herself to sleep, and then woke up at 7, I fed her, she went right back to sleep and slept until almost 10! She's never slept that late before!
I think this was also the first night she spent the whole night in her Own bed...
Thanks for the prayers and encouragement!

Jessica said...

Way to go Joia! It is so hard, but so worth it. Sounds like you are doing great...only 4 to go now! Praying that Moriah has another wonderful night. Phil will sure appreciate your cooking when he comes home after all that MRE nastiness! :)
Love and miss you,
Jessica
P.S. That picture of Keenan looking through the fence is priceless and precious!

Mom W. said...

Way to go Moriah, hope it goes well again!