Thursday, February 5, 2009

Brrrr...

Well, for all of you Canadians who think I'm living the balmy beach life all the time down here in Florida... it ain't so!! Now, I Know our weather is Nothing like yours, but that's not the point... this is FLORIDA for pete's sake, and it's coooold! Okay, I'm done whining now...

This weather doesn't make for much fun outside with little kids, so Keenan and I were getting a little stir crazy today. One of the things that helped was painting...

He's getting much better at not getting the paint Everywhere... =)

Pregnant again already???

Nope, just a snoozin' baby in my shirt! =)
(I actually had her in here for quite a while, and even managed to lift Keenan up and change his diaper while she was in there... I just sort of balanced her butt on the rail of the change table while I worked..) =)

It's been strange this past week, posting more on Wendi's blog than I have my own!! On that note, she Should be going home tomorrow finally! =)

Today, being February 5th, is Stephanie Woodford Day. Last year on this day, Steph was lucky visitor 5,000, so as her "prize", I posted that every year on this day, I would write something about her...


Since last year, much has changed for Steph. She and her husband (my brother, Tim) and their three daughters, Mika, Shaelyn and Kyla are all living in Hermosillo, Mexico, doing missionary work! They are also expecting a new baby in April! Woohoo!
Steph is a super mom/wife/homemaker/teacher combo and manages to juggle all of these responsibilities while surviving the heat, learning a new language, navigating around a new city and learning to cook Mexican food! Is she amazing, or what?
It's sad not being able to see them all when we go home to Canada now, but what better excuse to fly to Mexico sometime? (Or get stationed at a base close to the border?)

To find out more about this awesome woman and her family, check out their blog!

Now a year later, I'm at number 39,678!! Should I do something special for number 40,000?

4 comments:

rachel said...

hey there!
got your comment on my blog...I WISH we had a trip to FL scheduled, but at this point, we don't...I am just hoping that sometime soon we can come down! You must be thinking about Tara or Lesley...they both have definite plans to come down to visit. :-)

Anonymous said...

You are such an awesome friend to Wendi. I think she is very fortunate to have someone so loving and caring around to support her. Juggling a baby in your shirt and changing a toddler, you're the amazing one indeed. I'm fortunate to be able to run back and forth picking things up while my granddaughter is sleeping and keeping her wiggling butt on the changing table by herself. I'm in awe of you!

Teri

denise said...

so CUTE of Moriah in your shirt! Love it. Sorry it's so cold there!

Jessica said...

At first, all I saw was the pseudo pregnant pic and I was like, IS SHE trying to tell us something???!?!? Then it was so adorable to see Moriah tucked in there...as Reagan would say "snug as a bug in a rug". :) Miss and love you all, Jessica