Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A post of randomness...

This will just be a mable jamble of random stuff...

Well, history was made today (I'm not actually sure why people say that, don't we make history Every day, no matter what's going on??) George W. Bush served his last day in the oval office, and President Obama took his place... the first black president to be elected in the United States.

Yesterday, in Keenan history... he made his very first "unprompted" apology! He had hit me, and gotten a time out...and when Philip brought him back in the room, all on his own, he came over to me, climbed up beside me, said "Sorry", touched the place on my head where he hit me, and then gave me a kiss! This was very exciting for us, as it seems like he's starting to feel remorse and knows that he needs to make it right when he's done something wrong. We'll soon have to start on the "asking forgiveness" part. =)

Update on Frank... Philip and I went to visit him in the hospital a week ago and he wasn't even aware that we were there. He looked pretty bad, and from what Myrtle said, has had a pretty rough go of it. He is dilerious much of the time, and just breaks down crying a lot, which makes Myrtle cry too. They weren't sure he would ever be coming home. We did have a good visit with Myrtle though. She was exhaustsed and pretty emotional but was really happy to see us. Frank did come home by ambulance a couple days ago, and I haven't heard how things are going, other than the fact that Myrtle has gone ahead and made funeral arrangements.

We recently watched The Last Sin Eater, based on a novel by Francine Rivers. It was excellent, probably the best movie we've watched lately. It was a gripping story and very thought provoking. I highly recommend it.

My younger brother, Andrew is making his third visit to the Emerald Coast this weekend! He won't be home in March when we go up north (since he'll be spending six months in Mozambique), so he decided to use some air miles and come for a quick weekend visit so he could meet Moriah. I'm so excited!!

And, just for a laugh...



I know, I know, I've posted a million pictures of her sleeping, but I just can't help myself!

She is changing, but is thankfully not seeming to grow up too super fast yet! =)

Hanging out in their jammies before bed...

"Hey bro, get your hand off me!"

Here Keenan is "helping Moriah wave at Daddy"

While I was in the shower this morning, Keenan was playing in the hallway, and decided to pile All the shoes up in front of the door, so I could hardly open it! =) I asked him to put them all back, and this is what he did...

I was very impressed with how neatly they were placed, but out of eight pairs of shoes, only one pair ended up together! LOL!

Since Moriah has only been featured once before on the blog in a video, I thought it was about time we got some more of her "in real life"...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new picture at the top of your blog, Joia!!
Moriah is so cute!!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I second that. I absolutely LOVE the family picture in your blog header! What a nice, nice family picture!
Thank you so much for all the pictures. It definitely makes it easier to have family so far away.
Love you all,
Mark and Rebekah

Joia said...

Thanks to you both for the compliments! =)

Rebekah, you know me and pictures, and we just got two more GB of ram for our computer, so I won't be slowing down anytime soon! =)

Liz said...

love the new header, joia. fantastic photography.

love liz.

Mom E said...

Thank you so much for taking video of Moriah! I got to see her for such a short time when we were finally able to visit, and it was nice to see her "in action". I agree w/ M&R that it makes it easier to be apart when you can view all the photos and esp. the videos.

I thought it was interesting that she started fussing when you went out of her view to get a full body shot, and immediately stopped when she saw you come in for a zoom shot again at the end.

Love, Mom