Saturday, January 10, 2009

Our first "post Moriah" date night

Today has been a good day here our house. This morning my mom watched both kids so Philip and I could go back to sleep for a while! I also got a nap in the afternoon while Keenan and Moriah were napping (and my mom was baking peanut butter cookies!) It doesn't get much better than that! =)

This evening she watched both of them again so Philip and I could go out for a date night... our first since Moriah came along. I made it through the evening (over four hours), with only two calls home. I think I called at least that many times during an hour and a half when Philip and I first left Keenan. =) (Do you remember that, Anthony and Melissa?)

We had a wonderful dinner and great conversation at Outback Steakhouse. Going out to dinner is Such a different experience without any kids along!

Enjoying a quiet, uninterrupted dinner together

After dinner we headed to Sandestin to Baytowne Wharf. It was a beautiful, mild night and it was fun to walk through the village and look at all the pretty lights. We went ice skating as well! The holiday season is the only chance this Canadian girl gets to do one of her favorite things!

Us on the rink

Funny story from our ice skating experience. When I first got on the ice (Philip was still lacing up his skates), I skated around a few times by myself, amidst a much younger crowd of teenagers. At one point, a young guy smiled at me... a very friendly, sort of "Hey, how You doin'?" kind of smile... I smiled back and almost laughed as I thought to myself... "You have NO idea! Not only am I likely almost ten years older than you, I'm married, I have a 22 month old at home, I just had a baby, and I drive a minivan!" LOL! Oh well, it was nice of him anyway... =)

This is a cute electric mini Hummer that we saw in the parking garage

Next we made a quick Wal-Mart run before heading home.

Me with two purchases that make me Very happy...
Vanilla Coke and baby girl clothes! =)

After stopping at Sonic, we came home to a sleeping Keenan and a sleepy, hungry Moriah (who had Amazingly been awake for almost two and a half hours!) I'm hoping this means Very good news for the night.... =)

4 comments:

Flakymn said...

SHONIC?!?!?!?!!?

Joia, I totaly think you can pass for a young, hot college chick! And I'm not just saying that.

Joia said...

Aw, thanks, Wendi! You made my day! =)

The "Other" Mom :-) said...

Scoop up all the vanilla coke you can get, cuz we can't find it here (at Publix) anymore for some reason! ;-) and, mmmmm PB cookies sounds SO good right now! lol. Say HI to your mom for me.

auntmary said...

Your mom is such a blessing & it is sooo nice to read how much you appreciate all she is doing. You definitely have a very special relationship w/her. Grandma enjoys your "date nights" maybe even more than you as she gets to have some special bonding & one-on-one time w/her precious grandbabies! She will have withdrawals when she returns to CA. Been there, done that! Lots of love 'n hugs to all.