Friday, January 30, 2009

Ladies Night Out.. and Exciting news!

I crawled into bed at midnight last night (after a wonderful evening with some old and new friends) and got up at 6:45 with Keenan this morning... I'm sooo tired! =)

After dragging myself off the couch, the morning got a little brighter when I got a "much anticipated" call and made my first "guest blog entry" on the world's most read blog (aka Wendi's). Check it out!

The Ladies night last night was really fun! It was hosted by Marlise, one of the staff doctor's wives and was intended to help the staff and resident wives get to know one another a little better. It definitely worked and we had a great evening of eating, chatting and much laughter! Moriah was a big hit too and got passed around quite a bit.. =)

Just some of the scrumptious food!

Joy and Barbara loving on Moriah

Sandi, Kristy and Marlise

Jodi and Tracy

Me, Barbara and Brittney

I look forward to more events like this, as I think I could really learn a LOT from wives who have walked the "Military Doctor's Wife" path before me. It is Such a blessing to have so many other Christian wives to relate to as well!

2 comments:

Rabens Family said...

It was a great night. I can't wait until next month. I am sleepy today though. It was tough getting up at 6:00 to get Madison ready for school.

We are so excited for John and Wendi. Thanks for keeping the blogs updated. I just got back from picking Isaac up from Labor and Delivery. Wendi is all hooked up and ready to go! We can't wait to meet Elijah. Isaac is taking his morning nap and clueless to the fact that he is going to be a big brother.

auntmary said...

Thanks for the update on Wendy's blog, Joia. Keeping, baby Elijah, big bro Isaac and hubby in prayer! Sooo excited!