Thursday, January 22, 2009

Frank

I'm deeply saddened to say I just got word that our dear friend and neighbor, Frank O, died at 2:40 this morning. While we are very sad that he is gone, it is also a great day, because he is now Home with his Lord, resting and pain free.

His passing will leave a big void in many lives. He was a kind, sweet man, who would have done anything for anyone. He served his country for many years in the Air Force, loved his family, loved to hunt, garden, and was talented at many different things. Keenan and I spent many summer afternoons, sitting in their backyard with Frank, listening to his stories.... He was a fine man.

Please be in prayer for his wife, Myrtle. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose a spouse....
Also pray for his three children, Frankie, Brenda and Ricky.

We love you Frank

Frank O. Dec 29, 1927 - January 22, 2009

6 comments:

Flakymn said...

Joia, I am so sorry. I know this is harder on you then you are letting on in this post. Please let me know if I can do anything.

Anonymous said...

Aw Joia! I am so sorry. You know, I think you made his last days happier because he got to enjoy Keenen and Moriah. The love you guys showed them is awesome. Change and loss is so difficult.
I'll be praying for all of you as you go thru this time of grief. I know Myrtle is grateful to have you close. Love Gramma Di

The Woodford's said...

We're so sorry to hear about Frank, Joia. We'll be thinking, and praying for you and Philip, as well as Myrtle and her family.
Love you.

Mom W. said...

I had this feeling about Frank this morning and wondered if he was close. So sorry but so glad for him. Please let Myrtle know we are praying. I feel so bad that I did not get to see her while I was there. God will give you help to minister to her.

denise said...

Joia, I am sorry for your loss, and for Frank's family loss. You have paid such wonderful tributes to him on your blog many times! Our prayers are with you and Frank's family.

Mom E said...

I am so sorry to hear about Frank and yet, like you, joyful that he knew the Lord and we will one day see him again. Please let Myrtle know we are praying for her and her children. No matter how "expected" a death is, it *always* comes as a shock.(I know the same will happen for Gr'ma E too). I am sad we did not get to meet him on this side of heaven. I know you, Philip,and the kids will be a great source of comfort for Myrtle in the days and weeks to come. I love you, Mom