Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tiny still in utero... =)

What a night!

Yesterday was actually "set up" really well for all of that to go on last night... Keenan slept in pretty late (as did I), and I was having some cramping that morning, so I was sort of wondering, "Is this it?" Yesterday, I got the house cleaned, made a meal to put in the freezer, took Keenan to the park for some fun time together, and we both got an afternoon nap as well! By the time my contractions started, I was pretty ready (except for all the stuff Keenan would need to take to Jodi's for the night!) =)

Philip was working yesterday (until this morning), so he was already there. I got to the hospital at 6:00, was admitted around 7:30 or 8:00, and they did the version at 9:45. They decided to do it right on the table in the OR, in case they needed to do a stat C-section. I'm sooo thankful that wasn't necessary!

The version was probably one of the most unpleasant things I have ever experienced, but was well worth it. It took about fifteen minutes. The two doctors who did it, (my own and another one of the Family Medicine staff who has completed an OB fellowship and can do c-sections) were both Christians and prayed with us before going into the OR, and they both did a fabulous job! Philip was able to be up by my head and was a huge source of comfort and encouragement through the whole process. (He said he was really proud of the way I handled it and that I was a "superstar"... so sweet). =)

I asked Dr. G. after it was done, "How do you get a grip on it with all that lubricant on my belly?" In her words, "You don't really get a Grip, you have to dig your hands in under the head and push, push, push... if you feel like it's slipping away, you have to move back a little and dig deeper..." Well, that would explain the discomfort! =)

After it was all over, I felt sooo good, and was able to rest for a while (the contractions were still coming about 4 minutes apart, but I was only feeling them every 15 minutes or so). Philip came in and got a tiny bit of rest on the fold out chair in my room before it was time for me to be discharged. I was So ready to be unhooked from everything and go home to my own bed!! At 2:30, I drove home, scarfed down a bowl of Cheerios, and fell into bed.

I woke up at 9, showered, and then went and had breakfast (french toast, bacon and eggs, yum!) with Cliff and Jodi before bringing Keenan home. He and Philip are both asleep right now, and I'm going to join them!

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for us thus far... Keep praying that Tiny stays down and that he/she is born at the perfect time! =)


A Day In the Life . . . said...

Joia - i have been enjoying reading about your second pregnancy adventures (hah!). I cant remember when you are due but I know its soon - so we'll keep you in our prayers - you are so brave!

denise said...

YAY! I'm so glad that it went well. :)

Brittny said...

I can't wait to find out!!!! I'll be asking Brandon and checking here often. Of course, I think Brandon would call, he gets as excited about this stuff as I do. Hang in there and let us know if we can do anything to help!!!!